stranger than fiction...

some of you guys might remember the 'when the going gets tough' post about my visit to the riveria earlier this year and the time on my mate's boat at st tropez and then heading into that club with the pissed prince etc etc.

one of the paras i wrote was -

"At one stage, a bunch of girls in a corner having fun dancing on the tables and drinking Champers from stilettos. I took a few photos and they waved (and a bit more – can one say 'flashes' on a family site) but then one asked for us not to take any more pics. Which was fine. One was gorgeous, from England, and she and her friend came over and chatted. Lovely girls. No idea who she was but the friend said to me quietly, 'do you have any idea how much people pay for photos of her?' Still have absolutely no clue who she was."

anyway, was looking at a newspaper website earlier today and they were giving out awards for sexiest people etc. i never bother with that sort of nonsense but a photo caught my eye. 'world's sexiest woman' etc etc. there was an immediate recognition. checked my photos. they are a bit blurry and not completely totally conclusive, but if it was not the same woman then she has a doppelganger. i can't say with 100% certainty it is the same woman but so so so close i can't believe they are not. certainly explain the 'how much people pay for photos' comment.

the woman - who i had no idea at the time - kate upton.

Didn't happen without pics sneaky.gif

i made a promise to her that i would never show them. and as i say, they are blurry and not conclusive. it was from seeing the photo of her today that reminded me.

and trev, i suspect that the name dropping thing works a hell of a lot better if you actually recognise her at the time, not three months later.

sorry but photographing girls without asking for their permission before is a bit eeeehh, what if someone would suddenly start photographing your wife/partner/daughter...

i don't disagree at all but it wasn't quite like that.

there were a bunch of us and we were taking some photos of ourselves and they were at the next table and started posing for us and waving around bottles of fizz and drinking out of shoes and generally hamming it up, deliberately posing for us to take pics of them. there were about 6-8 of them. they were celebrating something.

it struck me at the time that after a while, one of them thought perhaps better not to - as i said at the time, someone thought it might be someone's daughter or if it was this woman then perhaps it was a better idea for them not to - no idea why really. she and her friend came over and chatted briefly, not specifically for the photos, and her friend made the comment about how much people paid for them. i was none the wiser why. didn't ask - none of my business.

i offered to delete them - in reality, it was a few blurry late night shots - and she said, no, don't do that. if she'd wanted them gone, i'd have done so immediately, but everyone was having fun and she didn't care. or seem to. she just asked that i don't show them around. and hence no one else has ever seen them. or ever will. i would never have even remembered them if i had not seen the photos of this woman, who i think is her, in the paper.

i don't go around sneaking shots of women without their knowledge.

• Like 1

i don't disagree at all but it wasn't quite like that.

there were a bunch of us and we were taking some photos of ourselves and they were at the next table and started posing for us and waving around bottles of fizz and drinking out of shoes and generally hamming it up, deliberately posing for us to take pics of them. there were about 6-8 of them. they were celebrating something.

it struck me at the time that after a while, one of them thought perhaps better not to - as i said at the time, someone thought it might be someone's daughter or if it was this woman then perhaps it was a better idea for them not to - no idea why really. she and her friend came over and chatted briefly, not specifically for the photos, and her friend made the comment about how much people paid for them. i was none the wiser why. didn't ask - none of my business.

i offered to delete them - in reality, it was a few blurry late night shots - and she said, no, don't do that. if she'd wanted them gone, i'd have done so immediately, but everyone was having fun and she didn't care. or seem to. she just asked that i don't show them around. and hence no one else has ever seen them. or ever will. i would never have even remembered them if i had not seen the photos of this woman, who i think is her, in the paper.

i don't go around sneaking shots of women without their knowledge.

Obvious your not that type of person Ken ..and your post back then was one of the best ever. And if is was Upton, and probably so, your a very lucky bastard to see her in person.

i made a promise to her that i would never show them. and as i say, they are blurry and not conclusive. it was from seeing the photo of her today that reminded me.

and trev, i suspect that the name dropping thing works a hell of a lot better if you actually recognise her at the time, not three months later.

No worries Ken. Just paraphrasing that overused internet meme "pics or it didn't happen"

I'm sure the memories are clearer than the shots, or perhaps not!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk