Oral Hygiene & Toothe Whiteners

Hi guys, do you rinse or brush your teeth as soon you finish smoking?

What products do you use to whiten your teeth from all the tobacco stains?For me normally i'll brush soon after i have a cigar unless im going to have some food or drinks later. Im using Zact tooth whitening toothpaste and its only helping to remove the stains a little.

I usually always brush after. Wife doesn't like kissing an ashtray. Periodic baking soda and laying off the sugar and crap like that helps. Had a dentist tell me that teeth are not necessarily supposed to be snow white and bleaching destroys them. Told me floss and brush regularly and not to worry about my stained tooth smile. Its natural.

I usually always brush after. Wife doesn't like kissing an ashtray. Periodic baking soda and laying off the sugar and crap like that helps. Had a dentist tell me that teeth are not necessarily supposed to be snow white and bleaching destroys them. Told me floss and brush regularly and not to worry about my stained tooth smile. Its natural.

Did he tell you his tobacco preference too? lol

• Like 1

After a night out smoking and drinking, my routine is a 2 minute brush with my Oral B electric toothbrush, a tongue scrape and mouthwash. That gets rid of most of the cigar aftertaste. 6 month periodic dental check-ups and every few years I use a tooth whitening kit (Opalescence) I get from my dentist.

After a night out smoking and drinking, my routine is a 2 minute brush with my Oral B electric toothbrush, a tongue scrape and mouthwash. That gets rid of most of the cigar aftertaste. 6 month periodic dental check-ups and every few years I use a tooth whitening kit (Opalescence) I get from my dentist.

I use the exact same routine. I find the brush, scrape, and mouthwash routine to work well and the wife likes it too. ;) I do whiten once a year or so just to keep the teeth from yellowing and to remove stains. As a regular wine and coffee drinker and cigar smoker, my teeth take a beating and need some whitening every so often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did he tell you his tobacco preference too? lol

Nope but my old family doctor used to smoke Players Lights. I would usually have a smoke with him in the parking lot before my appointments.

When I'm finished smoking I pop in one of those Listerine Breath Freshener Strips to kill all traces of the smell. They come in small packs and are about the size of a postage stamp, so they are easy to carry around in your pocket. I find the strips to be an excellent option for when you're out and can't brush your teeth.

e877f4ab0794a73cbd607d5fd8a0876d.jpg

• Like 1

I generally brush after a cigar. I don't have the best teeth, but I love to floss and do it all day. I get my teeth cleaned every 9 months, love the feel afterwards! I do agree with lefti though, and for general health, we should all be diligent and thoughtful to others for good oral heigene!

If you smoke on a daily basis, I don't think it's a good idea to whiten your teeth.

The process opens up the pores of your teeth and when you smoke soon after, on the same day or at least the next day, you'll do more damage.

If I remember correctly, if you whiten your teeth professionally, you should wait a while till the pores close again before smoking again.

For the road. I use those Henry Clay mints to freshen my breath. A couple between cigars helps cleanse the palate. At home I brush with toothpaste that contains baking soda. It does the trick. Floss as well, doesn't hurt. As for mouthwash, get yourself a bottle of Smart Mouth. It's an activated mouthwash. It comes in two bottles and two little cups. 2 - 3 squirts of each solution into the cup "activates" it. Then you use it like any regular mouthwash. Only with better results.

I brush twice a day, don't brush immediately after a cigar BUT I do chew whitening chewing gum to keep breath in check.

For toothpaste, I use Colgate whitening (The red tube) which seems to work really well considering I enjoy cigars, pipes, coffee.

Regardless of brushing, I find the tobacco breath comes back the day after regardless of tongue scraping and tooth brushing.

I think the gum is great in between the day.