First CC Purchase

I too agree, two of each is a good way to enjoy. One for when you don't have the patience to wait a month after arrival and one for when they have rested and taste how they were intended to be.

click on INT STORE at top of page, create an account then kiss all your future savings goodbye.

I never bought from the "store", but started reading here back in July. I'm in the neighborhood of 20 boxes from the 12:12 threads alone. I'm down to just 1 box in transit...must...be...strong.
  • Like 1

If you're new to cigars in general, then pick up more mild-to-medium brands like Hoyo de Monterrey (Epicure No. 2, Des Dieux), Por Larranaga (Petit Corona, Montecarlo), Rafael Gonzalez (Petit Corona), H. Upmann (No. 2) and Romeo y Julieta (Short Churchill).

However, if you're just new to CCs then add some Montecristo (No. 2, No. 4), Ramon Allones (RASCC, RASS), and Juan Lopez (No. 2) to the previous list. If you have the money, definitely try practically anything from Cohiba as well. Best of luck.

What vitola do you prefer?

Also, some cigars need to be aged before being enjoyed whereas others are ready to go 30-60 days upon receipt

What vitola do you prefer?

Also, some cigars need to be aged before being enjoyed whereas others are ready to go 30-60 days upon receipt

Can you provide a few cc that do not require as much aging for people starting out their collection? Maybe a couple as well you would smoke much better with rest

Thanks

Good without aging (IMO):

Party Shorts

HdM Epi#2

SLR Regios

Cigars you can currently find with a year or two on the box (therefore approachable):

H Upmann Connie #1

RASCC

Others would add a few to the list, I am sure.

• Like 1

Yes. What the Captain said. And on that point, it really helps to take some notes. You don't have to use fancy terms or reference exotic flavor notes. Just write down stuff like "loved it, was strong, tasted like tobacco, stung the nose a bit though." It's fun to read back through notes from years past to see how your tastes have changed and stayed the same.

Wilkey

If you're new to cigars in general, then pick up more mild-to-medium brands like Hoyo de Monterrey (Epicure No. 2, Des Dieux), Por Larranaga (Petit Corona, Montecarlo), Rafael Gonzalez (Petit Corona), H. Upmann (No. 2) and Romeo y Julieta (Short Churchill).

However, if you're just new to CCs then add some Montecristo (No. 2, No. 4), Ramon Allones (RASCC, RASS), and Juan Lopez (No. 2) to the previous list. If you have the money, definitely try practically anything from Cohiba as well. Best of luck.

I've smoked a handful of CCs, the one that really made me want to buy more wad the Cohiba Piramid, phenomenal stick. I've also smoked the PSD4 that I wasn't very fond of, smoked a Monte No. 2 that I enjoyed.

As for vitolas, like to stick so something between corona gorda, robusto, belicoso. Nothing too big or too small.