ATTN Jarheads - Question Regarding Cigar Jars

I have some CC's in route and I'd like to be a hospitable host and make them at home when they arrive. I'm looking for something to keep them in that is really just utilitarian. I hear jars work pretty well and I'm only expecting a small batch of CCs so it should work out. However, I have a few questions:

• How long can one reasonably expect to keep cigars in a jar?
  • Do I need to rotate or flip them every so often?
  • Should I use some boveda packs or tube shaped hydro unit to put in it?
  • What about a hydrometer?

My idea was to use a hydrometer on the lid and put 1 cigar shaped humidifier in the jar to keep things moist. I've never used them, but they have good reviews.

All of the jars look like your run of the mill acrylc mason jars with a rubber gasket. I'm assuming this is what everyone is using.

Thought you were looking for Marines!

What Rye said.....

I have 2 jars going right now. Both jars have 10 sticks in them and were sealed up towards the end of June. I did not put a humidity pack in there, I sealed them up with a hygrometer and they've been sitting at 65% since. I keep them on a shelf, away from the doors / windows. I don't open them, or rotate them... I plan to keep one jar sealed for a minimum of 1 year, and the other possibly for 5+....

no need for a Boveda in a sealed environment,if the sticks are the right moisture level they will maintain it in a jar.

Same with a Tupperware..........

" I did not put a humidity pack in there, I sealed them up with a hygrometer and they've been sitting at 65% since."

• Like 1

no need for a Boveda in a sealed environment,if the sticks are the right moisture level they will maintain it in a jar.

Same with a Tupperware..........

" I did not put a humidity pack in there, I sealed them up with a hygrometer and they've been sitting at 65% since."

I agree. For the most part my jars have not needed any extra humidification as the sticks themselves had enough moisture at the right range to "lock in". I do move a 62RH pack around the various jars. One should experiment for best results as every person's ambient RH in their house can affect the efficiency of the jars or any humidors when it comes down to it.