Cigar Sleuth

Has this ever happened to you?

A couple years ago I was coming back from a trip to Europe. I had three cigars, no bands (I took them off). At the time I knew what they were, but when I got home, I threw them in my humidor and forgot about them, that is until last week. I found them in a couple plastic bags and could not for the life of me remember what they were. After utilizing Trevor's site I think I finally figured out what the mystery cigars are. Have any of you guys had this happen? Or have you been gifted an unbanded cigar not knowing what it was, or a banded cigar and then forgetting which vitola?

I have been given an Ramon Allones Corona, Partagas Corona, and a Romeo y Julieta Corona in a bag. I tossed them in a box still in the plastic bag and a month later, the handmade identification bands came off with all the movement.

Shame. But I knew each would be a treat in their own regards. So it didn't matter too much in what order I smoked them. If they're old enough and still quite squishy to the feel, I think odds are that they'll smoke great!

Just don't look back at them and have it be a time where you smoked a great cigar!

After all, one of my 99point scoring cigars was a Cuban short filler from the early 90s that I had no idea what it was.

One of the best cigars I can ever remember smoking came out of a pile of unbanded sticks.

For the life of me couldn't figure out what it might have been at the time.

I've invested in a large stock of blank sticky bands in an attempt to avoid that in future.

• Like 3