Montreal hotel advice

Nice hotel, 2 minute walk from Stogies: Lowes Hotel Vogue

Nice hotel, close to Stogies, a bit pricier: Le Crystal (Across from the Bell Centre). Talk to Zoe Pelletier if you decide to go here.

Cheap option, european style, not as good for groups: Celebrities

the only time I've been there was in the late 90's for business for a couple weeks. We stayed at the Marriott Chateau Champlain downtown, it was great! Subway station in the hotel, you can go anywhere very easily, old town is close by, we walked to dinner almost every night. concierge had the hockey ticket hook up, awesome seats for the habs games. Montreal is a great city, very european feel without the 7 hour plane ride. Poutin is the greatest fast food ever invented, only time I've ever had it, still crave it. REAL Canadian beer and ice wine are a must try . ( Canadian beer in Canada is completely different than what they export, WAY better in Canada, just my opinion though)

I may have just talked myself into going back next time the local herf is on, that would be killer!

• Like 2

Haha I had poutine in DC, will have to try the MTL version. Is there a specific area of MTL that is recommended to stay/go out in?

Can't wait to go to Joe Beef.

Just make sure you check out Old Montreal. Absolutely stunning architecture and always something interesting to see/do. Grab a couple Bixi bikes (rental bicycles) if it's not too cold and take a tour around the city. Montreal is VERY bicycle friendly and possibly the best way to get around.

Haha I had poutine in DC, will have to try the MTL version. Is there a specific area of MTL that is recommended to stay/go out in?

I remember back near Bastille Day, Tom (Toronto) was telling us about their Foie Gras poutine and how he ate 3 of them. potty.gifpotty.gif

I've still had one........

Just make sure you check out Old Montreal. Absolutely stunning architecture and always something interesting to see/do. Grab a couple Bixi bikes (rental bicycles) if it's not too cold and take a tour around the city. Montreal is VERY bicycle friendly and possibly the best way to get around.

I'll be there in Jan, aka Mars.