The difference between "Customs and Farmies"

Customs blended by master rollers at shops/hotels in the homeland (or around the World) with available tobacco, sometimes to order.

Farmies generally rolled at the vegas with the local leaf.

• Like 1

Customs blended by master rollers at shops/hotels in the homeland (or around the World) with available tobacco, sometimes to order.

Farmies generally rolled at the vegas with the local leaf.

This pretty much sums it up, but you can have "custom farmies" rolled by master rollers (whom prefer not to work for Tabacuba in an assembly line factory), and use hand selected leaves aged by themselves and friends on other farms and blend according to yours or their favorite blends.

Just thinking about this is making me drool.

Excuse me for about an hour or so... :)

• Like 2

This pretty much sums it up, but you can have "custom farmies" rolled by master rollers (whom prefer not to work for Tabacuba in an assembly line factory), and use hand selected leaves aged by themselves and friends on other farms and blend according to yours or their favorite blends.

Just thinking about this is making me drool.

Excuse me for about an hour or so... smile.png

Yes, these sound excellent!!!!! Got any extras? sneaky.gif

The expectation of 'Farmies' is that they are rolled on site at a farm with all tobacco: wrapper, binder and filler, from that farm.

A possible exception would be the use of wrapper from a different farm.

Another definition would be 'what the farmer smokes from his farm'.

That being actually what you get requires a certain amount of faith.

Custom rolls can be rolled anywhere with any cuban tobacco.

Cigars in factories are rolled from tobacco bundles by delivered by a ligador. The ligador or helpers weigh out the types of tobacco for a marca/vitola and the roller rolls from that.

Anything other than that, rolled by a cigar roller, using 'approved tobacco', falls into 'custom rolls'.

The difference between 'custom rolls', 'farm rolled cigars' and 'counterfeits' can be hard to distinguish.

Is a custom roll a custom roll if the tobacco is not approved by Tabacuba, Habanos or a distributer?

Is it a custom roll if you don't know the roller and they never worked for Habanos or Caracol?

• Like 2

My response was along the lines below. I had to split Customs into three groups. I am not sure I even got it right in the end as it it is a blurred area.

State Custom Cigars. My definition is a cigar rolled by a current Tabacuba/HSA roller using a variety of tobacco as supplied by the state enterprise.

Privateer Custom Cigars: Cigars commissioned from name or no name rollers by a vendor or individual outside the auspices of Tabacuba/HSA. The tobacco is sourced in the main outside of the State enterprise.

Farm Customs: High quality cigars rolled onsite (finca) using predominantly (but not exclusively) that fincas tobacco. Farm Customs are mostly geared toward sale to visitors.

Farmies: Cigars (ranging in quality) using 100% tobacco from that finca that are rolled and smoked as much for enjoyment by the veguero as well as the occasional visitor.

• 3 weeks later...

My response was along the lines below. I had to split Customs into three groups. I am not sure I even got it right in the end as it it is a blurred area.

State Custom Cigars. My definition is a cigar rolled by a current Tabacuba/HSA roller using a variety of tobacco as supplied by the state enterprise.

Privateer Custom Cigars: Cigars commissioned from name or no name rollers by a vendor or individual outside the auspices of Tabacuba/HSA. The tobacco is sourced in the main outside of the State enterprise.

Farm Customs: High quality cigars rolled onsite (finca) using predominantly (but not exclusively) that fincas tobacco. Farm Customs are mostly geared toward sale to visitors.

Farmies: Cigars (ranging in quality) using 100% tobacco from that finca that are rolled and smoked as much for enjoyment by the veguero as well as the occasional visitor.

Agreed with this wholeheartedly. Four-way split

Pres....I would add in order for it to be a custom rolled cigar, the roller must have some classification.... level 8, master roller etc. Hopefully the roller has been rolling for more than 20 years.This roller should be able to do touches away from the norm; barber poles, baseball bats, figurados that molds do not exist etc. Although I might add some old school rollers don't like this. Finally, you can put a face to the cigar. That is to say you know who actually rolled it. Not all are requirements, just some points to guide you. John