Jars - How do you keep them

Blackham

How do you guys maintain the cigars inside your jars?

Before I just put them inside my wineador, now that I have 4 jars it is no longer an option.

Are the built in humidifiers sufficient to keep the humidity? Or Should I pop in a Boveda pack instead? If so what size of humipak do I need (small vs. med. vs large)?

Thanks in advance for all the input!

I bring them to the desired RH add a Boveda (small) and then place them in a large Tupperdore that is also maintained at the desired RH.

That or the ones on display have the cigars stored in a cab in my humidor.

Joe, jars are excellent humidors. The humidifiers that come with them just fine. Just make sure they're don't slowly drip when you insert them. I've switched to Boveda packs for them muyself. 62% They hold RH very well. The aroma when you crack open a jar is heavenly. You can also leave them outside your humidor.

• Like 1

Joe, jars are excellent humidors. The humidifiers that come with them just fine. Just make sure they're don't slowly drip when you insert them. I've switched to Boveda packs for them muyself. 62% They hold RH very well. The aroma when you crack open a jar is heavenly. You can also leave them outside your humidor.

+1. Pretty much the same as me. Although I believe I use 60% packs.

Upmann Noella has a garbage seal. The metal clips are very soft and bend so it never closes tightly. Ceramic jars look like they have a much better seal, but I don't own any of them unfortunately!

That's OK - the cigars are garbage as well... :lookaround:

I agree on the ceramic jars, all of mine have very good seal.

• Like 1

As mentioned above, a good seal and bovida pack is all you need, I added a hydrometer to most of my jar-a-dors for easy visual maintenance. I find myself preferring jars over desk-tops these days.

post-16865-0-04685500-1413556000_thumb.j

As mentioned above, a good seal and bovida pack is all you need, I added a hydrometer to most of my jar-a-dors for easy visual maintenance. I find myself preferring jars over desk-tops these days.

I have that same humi however I havent used it in years. I remember I had a problem with the seal and holding humidity. How is your experience with it?

I have that same humi however I havent used it in years. I remember I had a problem with the seal and holding humidity. How is your experience with it?

I have had a couple of these and haven't had any issues with them, (but I do add a couple small latches to hold the door closed a bit tighter). But find myself preferring the Jars these days.

post-16865-0-46736800-1413562120_thumb.p

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

After 2013 one might say, why do you collect jars?

IT looked Like cuba came out with a new jar Every week ;-)

I have almost Every cuban jar untill 2012, And I store them in my walk in,

Newer jars seal quite good but with The old ones...

IT would be a waste if cuaba distinguidos went to waste.

If you have no other option then to store The jar outside a humidor, put two-way beads in it And don't open iT on extremely dry or wet days haha

Question,

People with jars, do you brush those Cigars Every now And then?