Recent Cohiba Siglo II 2013-2014

Hi Guys,

Ive been thinking about FINALLY pulling the trigger on my first ever box of Cohiba's! I have had singles of the Siglo I and II in the past and both were good. I now have a new job and would like to invest in a box of Cohibas!

What do you guys think of the current stock of Siglo II's? How are the 2013's smoking? Are they any good? Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

Jorge

Hi Jorge

I finished a box of siglo IIs recently, they were great.

My problem with cohiba is that they only really show their true colours after several years of aging. For smoking young, they are kind of wasted at that price.

They still were good but only the last third. A lot of them had little flavour first third, grassy hay for second and then the chocolate and coffee kicked in for the final.

For the price of cohibas you would want the full stick to be great and that only happens after years of aging.

They are a great cigar for laying down but perhaps consider something else if you will be smoking the box within the next year or 2.

Thanks for the info Stonedpirate. I wouldnt really be smokig these now. I would try one or two but would rather let them age and be an investment for the future. I'm still young (27) haha so I have some time and can smoke them in my 30's.

I don't know, there are so many good marevas out there, the Siglo II just doesn't seem to be worth it. For the same amount of money you could almost get a cab of 50 PLPCs or a box each of BPCs and Monte 4s. I've only smoked a couple Siglo IIs and while they are good cigars I can't convince myself to invest in a box due to the price point.

I did however get myself a box of CoRos to age for my 30th birthday (I'm also only 27).

• Like 1

Lay down a box of greasy looking Siglo IV for as long as possible. You will not regret it.

• Like 1

Hmm maybe a 10 box of VI's? I just want a nice not TOO expensive box of Cohibas to lay down and the Siglo II at their price point dont seem too bad for the PC size. All the other boxes are over 300 bucks. Cant drop that kind of coin yet. womp womp

I had a siglo II that came from a cardboard pack once and it was amazing. It must have had some age on it because sometimes you can just tell from how the wrapper looks and ploom. It also had the new band so it could be too old. Anyway i thought it was great smoke so i can see these benefiting with age. Thank Captain.

• 3 weeks later...

For cohiba money I would wait for one of Rob's hand picked 12:12 or LFTH

Buying cohiba blind is a risk v reward imo

I just did this the other day when HQ CoRos popped up on the 12;12. I figured that if I was going to drop the coin, I might as well do it proper. They were at a great price too by the way.

• 2 months later...

So I had one of the Siglo II's after resting for about two months on Christmas.

What a bad cigar! I picked one that didnt look to good to be the first to go and man, it just didnt have any flavor and the wrapper was crap. Any idea on how long I should wait before trying another? The cigar was just, boring...damn.

What a bad cigar! I picked one that didnt look to good to be the first to go and man, it just didnt have any flavor and the wrapper was crap. Any idea on how long I should wait before trying another? The cigar was just, boring...damn.

Five years?

Do you mind sharing the box ode? I also purchased a 12:12 box and I was thinking of trying one....perhaps I will leave them buried for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just sampled a Siglo II from my POU JUN 13 Box the other day if I recall. It was a nice creamy smoke, pleasant all the way thru and showed its Cohiba DNA with the grass and dark coffee during the 2/3rd and onwards. Still needs 2 yrs of rest or so as the richness in its DNA is there but needs time to flourish.

I concur in that buy a box or two and lay them down for a couple of years. Rob's PSP and HQ offering will always be the best to experience the full Cohiba marca potential given its due resting / aging time.

Seek out a couple of aged Cohibas to satisfy your craving and go with the offerings that are smoking good fresh per the awesome input from all the BOTLs and SOTLs here.

Wishing everyone long ashes in the best of health.

Do you mind sharing the box ode? I also purchased a 12:12 box and I was thinking of trying one....perhaps I will leave them buried for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Cisco,

The box code is MOB JUN 14

They probably just need some serious down time.

Cheers Jorge! I will bury my box beep in my aging coolidor, away from curious minds. smile.png.

Sounds good haha. It’s amazing how cigars can vary from box to box and year to year. I have smoked a Siglo II in a cardboard pack a friend gave me that he got in Cuba and it was amazing, one of the best cigars I have smoked (good thing I have one more left). It had the new band on so it was no older than 2003 and I smoked it in 2013. So it could possibly have had 10 years on it, who knows!

I think I’ll keep ageing mine so I can recreate that experience. Maybe check back in at 3 years and then 5 years.