Your Top 5 worst....most baffling releases since 2000?

Well for me the Monte petit 2 was just God awful.

Don't get the D5 esp at that price point.

I honestly thought the D6 was a joke when I first heard it. Now I'm curious to see if they'll release a 3.5 inch long D7.

Also can I say I hate how RyJ calls everything a Churchill? Petit this short that, what's next? Half Churchill?

Trinidad Vigia. I never got to try the Robusto extra, or robusto that it replaces.

Monte Petit 2, doesn't make since to me.

The five or six exact same size regionals to be released next year. 55 by something, the trend is stupid.

Smaller cigars at more or less the same price point...monte petit 2s, D5s. Petit/wide churchills. Most of the newly released huge RG smokes.

Like Frank I also don't understand the bashing cuaba gets here. Haven't seen or heard it anywhere else. Divinos are a lovely short smoke (whith occasional construction issues), and Ive really enjoyed the salamons I have smoked. I think it could drop a couple of the vitola perhaps. But hey, I'm not complaining, it means there's aged cuaba knocking about on the cheap!

Petit this,short that,wide the other.....creatively and imaginatively dead and adding nothing! Somebody,somewhere,doesn't give a toss and somebody else is busy taking the piss with the blingy,glitzy and double banded "grab 'em while you can" limited big noises at the other end.

The Edmundo: a mediocre cigar from the start, and unfortunately a mediocre cigar that sell. We can blame it for today's huge ring gauge rage.

Partagas P2: the Partagas line needed a figurado (pyramid or campana), but not a weak one

Vegas Robaina: I have had good ones, but globally the marca is a dud

I don't understand the rage against Cuaba. The Divinos, when properly rolled, can be a winner, and the Salomon and the Diademas are certainly not bad cigars. At least, when you buy a Salomon or even a Distinguido, you know what you're buying. One can't say the same when buying a Famosos or a RyJ churchill

Agree and also - the Cuaba line was launched before the year 2000... So shouldn't count in this discussion anyway.

• Like 1

If the Petite No. 2 was cheaper I think I would have gotten some. They're much more consistent than Monte 2s. But at nearly the same price, its a terrible proposition.

• The Edmundo: a mediocre cigar from the start, and unfortunately a mediocre cigar that sell. We can blame it for today's huge ring gauge rage.

• Partagas P2: the Partagas line needed a figurado (pyramid or campana), but not a weak one…

• Vegas Robaina: I have had good ones, but globally the marca is a dud…

I don't understand the rage against Cuaba. The Divinos, when properly rolled, can be a winner, and the Salomon and the Diademas are certainly not bad cigars. At least, when you buy a Salomon or even a Distinguido, you know what you're buying. One can't say the same when buying a Famosos or a RyJ churchill…

Well I can agree with you on the P2. Hopefully you will return the favor. Bon soir,

Smaller cigars

Like Frank I also don't understand the bashing cuaba gets here.

I am a fan of the Divinos ...construction is unfortunately and issue

Distinguidos for me is the pick of the Marque. Few construction issues. Great peanut butter flavour combines with beautiful toasted tobacco.

Salomones, way too many wind tunnels.

Tradicionales and Gererosos don't do it for me. Construction issues, consistent blandness (to my palate).

Diademas. This vitola, price point, presentation is a struggle.

For me they could cut back to the Divinos and Distinguidos. Focus on quality tobacco (I still see too much average wrapper being used in Cuaba ...particularly Tradicionales and Generosos).

I honestly don't think they know what to do with this Marque. It doesn't sell in the necessary commercial quantity and yet it commands a seven cigar lineup whereas Ramon Allones commands three and Diplomatico One?

And then Cuaba got a Book lmao.gif

Someone high up in the organisation must really love them for Cuaba certainly is a protected species not subject to the same scrutiny as other marques. lol3.gif

1.) Montecristo Open Series--why dirty up a classic brand with this mild/tasteless crap...it's like if Trappistes Rochefort came out with a light beer.

2.) Partagas Serie D No.6--where is the line drawn? I went along with the release of the d5 which is a fine smoke. But really, what's the point of stubby short smoke like the D6?

3.) HDM Petit Robusto--good cigar, but price is almost the same as the Epicure No.2.

4.) Partagas P2--Dull, bland and forgettable smoke.

5.) El Rey del Mundo Infantes--maybe out of sure spite bc people seem to think they can buy them for under $90 a box in Cuba and sell them for $400 online.

• Trinidad Short Robusto T
  • Partagas D5
  • Churchill-o-mania. (Short/Wide/Petit) and now RyJ Wide Churchill Gran Reserva?!?!
  • Monte Open
  • Cuaba anything LE, book releases, etc. Ditch the brand, move a few of the perfectos to marcas without them with an appropriate blend.
sums it up right