AMERICAN SNIPER TRAILER

MIKA27

AMERICAN SNIPER TRAILER #1

http://youtu.be/8ZtrhRRw53Y

Chris Kyle was a Navy SEAL, and the most lethal sniper in American history with 160 confirmed kills. His autobiography, American Sniper, is a phenomenal book. Now, thanks to Bradley Cooper, Clint Eastwood and Jason Dean Hall, it’s being turned into a movie of the same name. If this trailer is any indication, the movie will absolutely do the book justice.

I'm glad you posted this, I was going to the other day, but didn't want to be the " Guns and US Politics" all in one post guy....lol

ok.gif

• Like 1

I'm glad you posted this, I was going to the other day, but didn't want to be the " Guns and US Politics" all in one post guy....lol

ok.gif

I thought I'd "Bite the bullet" ( wink.png ) and post it. I figure it is a movie after all and really there is no place for people to keep on bashing the whole gun debate, I don't want to keep reading about those for or against, this is about a MOVIE not the politics behind it and keep it at that.

It looks like a great movie, I'm looking forward to it.

Looks good

Not sure how well an opening weekend its gonna have if it comes out on Christmas Day though...

In the States, it is a huge movie day on Christmas Day. Huge numbers!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw this on Christmas Night. EXCELLENT MOVIE!!! Very good movie!

I suspect it will be a very good movie and heard Cooper was very good. I have very mixed feelings on Kyle though. He was completely FOS or completely delusional. He claimed he was a sniper on the roof of the Superdome shooting looters during Katrina. Only it never happened. Then he claimed he shot and killed two thugs who tried to steal his truck but the police let him go because the dispatcher told them he was a genuine war hero. Only it never happened!! Then, after his death, his estate lost a defamation lawsuit when he claimed he punched out fellow SEAL Jesse Ventura. he alluded to the story in the book and in TV interviews claimed it was Ventura he knocked out.

So the movie is based on a book ... written by a delusional liar.

At the same time I have no reason to doubt he was a terrific sniper.

I don\t know that he lied in any of those events. But think of it like this, Americas best sniper is not only trained in how to shoot but covert tactics on how to get into and out of an area without detection. He was a highly trained killer. From what they could find is no evidence to backup his story but also no evidence to refute his claims. Also, do you think the United States military really wants it to be known that their most decorated sniper in history is out killing people at home regardless if he was right or wrong? Probably not. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/30/the-complicated-but-unveriable-legacy-of-chris-kyle-the-deadliest-sniper-in-american-history/

However, with the Ventura story there are numerous SF community members there that back up Kyle's claims. Some were killed in combat since the event took place. Also look at Ventura himself, the guy says he redeemed his character. The guy would have known if he sued Kyle's wife the guy would have lost his character in the SF community he once held dear. Or is it because the guy wants to protect his public image he made up about dignity and honor and has systematically destroyed once he started preaching conspiracy on his tv show. Or how about the simple fact that Janos (Jesse) is not who you think the guy is. He calls himself a seal and lead people to believe he was in a combat team serving in Vietnam when in reality he was a frogman UDT (prior to UDT and combat team merger) trained as an operator but never left the docks. http://cursor.org/stories/seal_or_udt.htm in reality Ventura is a big phony himself that left the United States in favor to live off the grid in Mexico.So do I take the word of Kyle and numerous supporters despite his last unverified claims or a proven liar who is crafty at concealing his past. http://cursor.org/venturawatch/default.htm

Well, I prefer to think of him as a liar because the alternative is serial killer based on his own accounts of what he reportedly did on the roof of the Superdome. IF he killed 30 innocent Americans without a trial then he should have been tried and executed.

So, given his service to the country, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and go with boastful, delusional liar and one helluva sniper.

But - in any case, I'll watch the movie when it hits Netflix. It does sound like a compelling story.

AMERICAN SNIPER TRAILER #1

His autobiography, American Sniper, is a phenomenal book.

Did you get a shadow-authored version? Easily top 10 worst reads of the last decade for me. From his writing style, to how much he loves murdering people, to the delusional black and white "reality" he thinks the world exists in, I really could live without this book's existence. Heard the movie is riveting and well made, but that doesn't mean the book isn't ****.

I think the movie was made from a sympathetic 'Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder' point of view and to do so they had to leave some details out. Still, it had my attention from beginiing to end. I only wish the ending could have been 'fleshed out' more instead of been done like an epilogue.