Eid Al Hajj Mubarak

Eid Mubarak to one and all on this day of Eid ul Hajj. Went into the local village for prayers this morning and got a very bad panorama, and a pic of some guys I was praying with.

post-15810-0-50928600-1412503390_thumb.j

post-15810-0-41591700-1412503540_thumb.j

Many people celebrate differently. My family (even though i am not at home at the moment) what we do is, in the morning the entire extended family comes to our house. My dad is the oldest brother, and my grandmother normally lives in my house so dad and all the uncles aunties and cousins come to our house for light breakfast at about 07:00. We then go to the Mosque at about 08:00 and do our prayers. The prayers themselves take about 5 minutes to complete. After the prayers there is a short 5 or 10 minute sermon and then we go back home. Once at home we all chill out at home and cater to the guests who come throughout the day.

All of us kids have (only in the last 2 years) started what we call an Eid Fund. Most of us throw in 5 dollars a week into this collective account. At the end of a year we normally have about 3 grand in there to spend on Eid. So there are 2 eids for us in a year so we spend the money on one function a year, whichever eid we want to throw the money at. This year we used the money to pay for a big gazebo thing and tables in our backyard and catered food and drinks. So that none of us have to bother cooking and cleaning, we just spend the whole day enjoying and eating smile.png

Lunch is normally the main meal of the day for us. After lunch we normally all play cricket or soccer or with my remote control cars and then disperse after that. Dinner is normally a small snack with the family.

Then in the evenings all us kids gather at someone's house and spend the night talking and smoking and drinking tea and coffee. One of the girls normally make some midnight snacks for us too.

All this is making me miss home now sad.png But such is life. Hope everyone who is celebrating has a wonderful time with their family and friends, and hope everyone else has a wonderful day all the same.

party.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gif

• Like 1

Eid Mubarak - great idea with the money collection.

Where are you at the moment, Mus? I must have missed the alert, as you're always somewhere new!