boxes codes for Montie 4

I have MUL ENE 14 and they are outstanding.

Any others that may be available from recent years you recommend?

• Like 1

I'm working on 2 boxes at the moment. OSR MAR 12 and MER JUL 13.

the '12 box is out of this planet. unbelievable good. to be honest I have never seen that dark and oily wrapper on Monte 4 before. and funny enough that I bought it blind at a German airport ( Berlin maybe?) in 2012

the 13 box is lot lighter in color but good too. it will be way better a year after. I like it best around the 2 yrs mark. but that is just me and really figured it out lately

• Like 1

I'm working on 2 boxes at the moment. OSR MAR 12 and MER JUL 13.

the '12 box is out of this planet. unbelievable good. to be honest I have never seen that dark and oily wrapper on Monte 4 before. and funny enough that I bought it blind at a German airport ( Berlin maybe?) in 2012

the 13 box is lot lighter in color but good too. it will be way better a year after. I like it best around the 2 yrs mark. but that is just me and really figured it out lately

I also have MER JUL 13 box. It's an HQ box from El Prez, and I have smoked several from this box. I don't know how much it can improve with more aging, but these are wonderful every time I smoke.

• Like 1

Working my way through a box of AGT Jun '11 that are really, really good.

Interesting... I've smoked thru a box of AGT Ago'11 and they were very mediocre. I have a second box put away, hoping the Plume Pixies will come and visit and turn them in to something special.

Maybe I just don't have a taste for Monty's. I know, that's probably heresy to some folks.

Interesting... I've smoked thru a box of AGT Ago'11 and they were very mediocre. I have a second box put away, hoping the Plume Pixies will come and visit and turn them in to something special.

Maybe I just don't have a taste for Monty's. I know, that's probably heresy to some folks.

the reason for this thread, learning from your experience too

cigars are amoral. The heresy vs Bible discussion we can take up PM

I also have MER JUL 13 box. It's an HQ box from El Prez, and I have smoked several from this box. I don't know how much it can improve with more aging, but these are wonderful every time I smoke.

Same here. Mer jul box is from Rob hq rated. Still I wish it could just go close to my 12 box. That is so unreal.

• Like 1

The MUL ENE14 seems to be a banner month for production... I have (had?) 2 boxes (now just one left) that were HQ's and they were, and are, both spectacularly awesome... had I known I would have limited my credit card! :-)

Then again - it's nice to have someone poke their nose into the box ahead of time so you know you're getting cane sugar, not splenda... :-)

• Like 1

My ORL Oct 12 have been magnificent, extremely dark and oily without a single plug in the box so far.

POU was certainly a benchmark Monte 4 run (POU CORO, R&J E4 + a few others as well)

Next question (two parter) is which of these do you have that look especially good to you, and when will they be on sale?

• 1 month later...

Ok. I'm going to confuse things a little.

Received a box PUA FEB14 only three weeks ago. I purchased from the international site.

I opened the box with much anticipation. Upon opening I felt a greatly disappointed. No oily wrappers, some of the feet were split. No detectable aroma.

I know I should wait for a month but I can't help myself and lit one anyway. I just loved it. It went against anything I've learned to look out for.

I made a point of inviting a mate over who pretty much only smokes Monte 4s. He calls a spade a spade so to speak and he loved it too.

For all the knowledge we acquire, there's always a stick that goes against the theories involved in picking a great box.

• Like 1

theories are nice,it always comes down to smoking the stick.

I have had good luck with off color and unevenly colored cigars,I will always reach for one with a mottled wrapper first.............

Monte#4 is one of my go to cigars I have one I'm almost done with from 2012 that was excellent,I bought two from our host 2014,the darkest oiliest wrapper's I have ever seen.The next box I open look's great July 2013 I have smoked one about A month ago very good! Personaly I think they keep changing these box codes up just trying to confuse people! HA HA

BUM FEB 14 - The only unsmokable cigar I have ever had. Literally, that bad. Avoid.

I love Monte 4 best around the 2 years mark. Feb 14 is way to fresh. Wait with it a year and revisit. You will be surprised. Then wait another one the you have great smokes.

Btw I have Upmann magnum 50 BUM ENE 14. Psp. Nothing else. Brilliant.

All in all a cigar (good or bad) does not depending on a single box code stamped on the box. It is said that one box of cigar could be filled by 25 different rollers...so...