Xikar Travel Humi (15)

oliverdst

Was the same for me.

I made a solution of bicarbonate soda and water and washed them, let it dry and flushed with water. Then aired them for a week or so.

They don't really smell of anything now.

You don't want your smokes to taste like that crap smells for sure

Was the same for me.

I made a solution of bicarbonate soda and water and washed them, let it dry and flushed with water. Then aired them for a week or so.

They don't really smell of anything now.

You don't want your smokes to taste like that crap smells for sure

Thanks, buddy, I will try something like that.

I've just entered my office and it all smells like that.

Well, it sounds like a Xikar foam issue.

Odd that anybody had never said something about it before.

I will contact Xikar to try to know if they are using a new material or this is the usual.

It has been mentioned in passing before on here, but not a specific thread I think.

In regards to my method above, I think the airing in the sun for a week did more than the bicarbonate wash

Had the same problem for my 15ct herfador and I thought since not many people had mentioned it that It was just me lol but I aired mine out for a couple days then put cedar sheets and closed it for another day. now its fine. Sometimes though I feel like the foam interior makes my smokes a tad bit damp especially when they've only been in there for 4-6 hours. I get burning problems...however when I forget them in there for more than 24 hours, I smoke the contents with no burn issues.

I had the same problem. So i just peeled off all the foam, and ripped off that humidifier, stuck some cedar on the bottom and on the top lid and now i have a plastic box with a good seal and a cedar smell.

I left my Xikar 18 count (looks like a little briefcase) open with all the foam taken out and spread apart for about a week, and the smell went away. If that hadn't of worked, I probable would have put all the pieces in an airtight container with activated charcoal. That's what I used to get rid of the smell in my wineador and coolidor.

• 4 months later...