Story of a BigMac - Applicable to Cigars?

If anyone watches the more recent episodes of The Office (Americanised) (Ones right after Michael left), you will be familiar with this old aged story of a cheap man's free processed hamburger.

A man stops over for a Big Mac every day from work. He would lament at the fact that it costs so much without having a reward programme. Aghast at the fact that they are costing him four dollars every day, he set out to do something about it. Seeing how they never fester, he decided to make his own rewards programme.

Every evening when he retires to his abode, prior to consumption, he would set aside one part of the big mac to be saved in the fridge. On the first day, it would be the top bun, on the second day ,it would be the top patty, on the third day, it would be the top condiments, and so on for a week and a half until he has saved enough for an entire reconstructed Big Mac without suffering from a [relative] loss from his daily dose of gluttonous cancer.

Now. I do wonder if it's entirely plausible to make Cuban aged pipe tobacco this way. I got this idea when I saw tmac77 clip off one of his split foot cigars but didn't think to implement it on a wider scale.

Aside: Essentially, i save all my piramide caps to grind into the briar. Very good as i have some Montecristo GR tobacco in there!

I've never thought of implementing that onto a wider scale. If plausible, i would just snip off a cm or two of some cigars i smoke to be saved later and ground into my pipes.

In ending. Is this crazy? Is there even a point to this?

• Like 1

If you're that cheap, maybe you shouldn't smoke cigars lookaround.gif

This ^^

I have an ash tray filled with my offcuts at home. The only thing they are good for is making your cigar hutch smell like tobacco for a while, then they're good garden mulch.

If you come across that is badly plugged you could cut it into 1.5-2inch sections and smoke them in a pipe rather than tossing the cigar.

It doesn't work because you are burning different types of tobacco at different rates. I prefer to stick with quality pipe tobacco when using pipes.

that's what i've contemplated as well... but it's worked well in the past.

I actually do. But it's something about the Cuban pipe tobaccos that makes it a beautiful. i do enjoy Davidoff Blue/English and Peterson's Sherlock and christmas. But not really sure how i describe it besides: i want.

If you're that cheap, maybe you shouldn't smoke cigars lookaround.gif

not exactly about being cheap here. it's about getting a different experience out of a pipe without needing to scrap an entire cigar.

but as i typed that out, perhaps i should scrap an entire cigar and smoke it out of a pipe. has worked out pretty well with plugged sticks before (last one was an SLR Regios) so hmmmmmmmmmm...

I cant remeber who told me this but for some reason I think it was the boys at James Fox in Dublin

i can remember Foxy has some old parcels of Cuban tobacco. LCdH Montreal has old blends in 200g pouches that aren't for sale.

too expensive as they're essentially discontinued Cuban tobacco. and apparently by the word of it, it's very harsh and strong. possibly mellowed out over the years but who knows what can happen in the airtight environment of a tobacco pouch.

There's a "La Escepcion" Cuban pipe blend out in the wild. Some LCDH's carry it.

It's awful, and the Partagas Picadura as well. It taste very vegetal, it has abolutely NOTHING in common with your fine habanos, except the country of provenance.