Hard to watch, that.

Dust off all of the mould for now on the wrapper. Cut off the foot every half an inch until you find no more mould. Store in dry box conditions for at least a month.

Your risk if you smoke it or not. Some would just bin it to avoid all troubles. But i personally would smoke it after all those attempts at quarantine and what not...

That is most definitely mold. It looks like it is on the foot. I'm afraid this stick is a loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not green mold so I'd give Jeremy's suggestion a shot - why not?

If it tastes nasty when you spark it, toss it. Otherwise enjoy!

• Like 2

Hard to watch, that.

Dust off all of the mould for now on the wrapper. Cut off the foot every half an inch until you find no more mould. Store in dry box conditions for at least a month.

Your risk if you smoke it or not. Some would just bin it to avoid all troubles. But i personally would smoke it after all those attempts at quarantine and what not...

That better not happen to mine J! Lol...

Sorry for your loss Franko, sniff..

Unfortunately, it is always mold. Normally I would say 'wipe it off and smoke away' since it is white mold, but on the other hand there sure is an awful lot of mold on the foot of that cigar. But, if you decide to try and save it, I would do what was recommended earlier. Cut off the foot until you find no more mold. Good luck.

Might be the angle or lighting, but there looks to be some green mold on the foot.

Oooooh! Good eye, Chris. Very good eye.

there's no way that's the lighting or angle as it's noticeably different from the surrounding white mould. lighting and angle differences wouldn't make that change.

It looks to be something besides white mould. But it doesn't seem to be green mould. Green mould is normally not fuzzy or powdery. Rather, it's dampy and moorey (in my experience). But remember, just because you'ven't seen a black swan doesn't mean they don't exist.

What i would do (being me) is still cut it off, dry box, and smoke later down the line. If it's green mould, it's a moderately insignificant amount compared to what green mould normally does to a cigar. But i'm known for being more adventurous and risk taking with a cigar and everything else. Perhaps i can't be applicable in a normal human study :rolleyes:

Well is was give it to me. Since I had it, it's been on 70rh, but I'm in a stated of high humidity. Witch I don't ad any more to my humidore. I all ready cut of d foot around half inch. Witch doesn't show any more mold, I think good news lol. Don't know of any bows of wipe it off with vodka witch I did and!!!! It's mold green or white?

Don't know of any bows of wipe it off with vodka witch I did and!!!! It's mold green or white?

huh. i've never wiped a cigar down with vodka before. i just use a regular tissue (dry) and run it up and down a few times like the wife is on vacation.

honestly, impossible to tell from the picture. we'll never know if that was green or white. mould varies way too much and you didn't have a significant size to accurately determine the mould type.

• Like 1

Nothing to add really, except that I seem to remember that green mould can be a nastier thing (for your health) than white mould...

If you cut the foot and there is no mold. I would smoke it. You need to lower your humidity so it doesn't happen again to other cigars. Buena Suerte.

While cutting the foot would remove visible mold, you'll still have yards of mycelium that may or may not be visible. My guess is the cigar will taste like an old foot.

FWIW, 70% is generally too high for humidors if you live in a region with high humidity. I live in Tenessee and keep my humis from 62% to 66%

While cutting the foot would remove visible mold, you'll still have yards of mycelium that may or may not be visible. My guess is the cigar will taste like an old foot.

FWIW, 70% is generally too high for humidors if you live in a region with high humidity. I live in Tenessee and keep my humis from 62% to 66%

Whilst both those statements are correct, the former carries less weight. The mycelium spores would be negligible due to the undesirable conditions if he dry boxes them.

The spores are also everywhere. If we have ever been within a foot of this white mould, we would all have the mould in our lungs now and possibly on all our other cigars.

White mould is classified as class one containment in our bio labs. Means: low to no individual risk, nonexistent mass risk. The spores are also so tiny that a dust mite would need tweezers to move them. Combustion change should be negligible.

Keep in mind the word: should. I can't say for sure; no one can say for sure.

The latter statement is very true. I'd lower the humidity if I were you.

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.