Where do I go from here?

Before I enter the land of boxes, I'm trying to figure out what I like and don't like as I'm new to this.

So I'm looking for suggestions, based on my minimal smoking history so far.

Enjoyed:

Punch Petit coronations

Hoyo de monterrey Petit robustos

H. Upmann Half Corona

Inka cristales

Average:

H. Upmann Coronas Junior

Disliked:

Trinidad Reyes

Rafael Gonzalez Petit Coronas

Hated:

Arturo Fuente Short Story

Chinchalero Novillo

Inka Half corona

I've got some inkas, a novillo maduro and two RG's left. I'll probably never smoke them, but might leave the RG's to see if they improve at all.

So based on the above and the fact that I'm a non smoker new to all this - any suggestions would be most welcome. I've added a page to my spreadsheet for future orders and need some ideas for it :-D

My suggestion...

Purchase several "selections" of different Marcas in sized/styles of vitolas from our friends at Czar's.

This will provide a great snapshot of flavour profiles you may enjoy...and what sizes suit your current enjoyment.

I found it beneficial to gain experience before buying boxes in this way.

You may find Montecristo Petit Edmundo and Ramon Allones Specially Selected are good foundations for initial box buys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was looking at that, but am limited to about half that at the moment...

I'll check it out and maybe get a few singles from that list though?

My budget's limited to about about £60 - but I won't be ordering that often to start - combination of pennies/storage/time..
Would like to build up a bit of a selection so I can learn what I like.

I've got a couple of those mentioned sat in the tupperdore, which I'm quite looking forward to - so at least I was on the right lines!

If you can hold out and save a bit longer, you'll get a lot more bang for your buck in a full sampler! Singles will cost you a lot more in the long run. And I personally think you won't get the full experience if you stick to the smaller sticks.

Also remember to try several sticks of one kind before dismissing them ,one cigar is no way to make a decision..............

• Like 1

Also remember to try several sticks of one kind before dismissing them ,one cigar is no way to make a decision..............

I kind of understand that idea. But I figure I should try sticks I haven't in the hope of finding one I like before trying ones I've already tried, but didn't like again...?

Sampler is the way to go, it seems you enjoy the smaller sticks. I must say I'm surprised you dislike the Reyes and RGPC.

Cohiba siglo 2

Upmann petit corona

Quintero panetela

Quai d'orsay corona

Ramon Allones small club corona

Monte especial #2

bolivar petit corona

san Cristobal de la habana el principe

Juan Lopez petit corona

This is A top notch selection I have smoked all except Quai dorsay my favorite RASCC! Also I found the Trinidad Colinial to be prety good but they have to rest!

Just my opinion but the little cigars, like petit coronas, for me carry the most concentrated marca flavours, if you dislike for example the siglo 2 then you probably wont enjoy the siglo 6 etc. Unless you prefer a more mellow version of the smaller sticks. Small cigars are the way to go to test likability for a brand!

• Like 1

I agree with the above. I feel the smaller sticks really demonstrate a marca's profile, although I tend to choose longer time frame smokes.

I feel bad for saying this, but maybe save your coin, and don't waste it on affordable NC.

My experience is this...

Fuente tends to have the most reasonably priced, bang for your buck smoke. But the other premium NC's budget cigars don't hold a candle to CC C&Cs (cheap and cheerful). Just ask or look for fivers. Guys are very accommodating.

Again, just my opinion, but it's better to be patient and have a few good ones, than do what I did and waste hundreds before I actually listened. Just trying to save you a few bucks, brother...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers guys!

Am going to give the nc's a wide berth for the moment and leave the ones I have to sit for a long while.

The down (or up) side of this is that I'm going to need more storage!