Short Filler vs. Long Filler

Greetings - looking into many of the C&C offerings reveals that they are of the short filler variety. My noob questions are 'what is short filler' and how is it selected for these C&C's?

Are they left overs at the end of the day of rolling long filler habanos, or just 'short' for some reason?

What different characteristics do they bring to the habanos?

Some of these short filler cigars just seem like no brainers when looking at price only, but I seem to always find out that you get what you pay for. in the long run.

cheers!

jp

Short fillers are typically made with the left over trimmings of long filler production, along with other chopped tobacco.

The general consensus seems to be that they tend to burn a bit faster than long filler, and as such can also burn a bit

hotter. I haven't smoked any SFs in some time.....

Along the same lines of the OP, I hope, Quintero doesn't make any long filler cigars any more. Where (which marca) do they get the short filler from?

I like the PLPC, I think mine are getting better with age along the way, but the profile isn't one I'd like to expand on, especially a 38 RG stick.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the PLPC, I think mine are getting better with age along the way, but the profile isn't one I'd like to expand on, especially a 38 RG stick.

PLPC's are long fillers

Panetelas are short fillers only as Montecarlos are also long

The exact info is:

Pre-circa 2002

PL Panetela - short filler & machine-made

PL Montecarlo - short filler & machine-made

PL PC - long filler & handmade

Post-circa 2002

PL Panetela - short filler & handmade

PL Montecarlo - long filler & handmade

PL PC - long filler & handmade

thanks to Trevor2118 from another thread

• 4 weeks later...

There are some great short filler cigars out there; I just always find myself leaning towards long filler cigars when makingl an order and subsequently never have any short fillers in the humidor. I wouldn't be put off by a cigar being short filler if you like the look of it :)

• 2 weeks later...