Top Shelf, show us yours.

StingMeadery

The First is my stuff that is open, and the second set are most of the storage stuff that I have yet to open. Mostly Bourbon and Rum with some other types mixed in.

post-9940-0-50217500-1409600423_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-23738000-1409600443_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-49583500-1409600463_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-65856500-1409600483_thumb.jp

post-9940-0-50454800-1409600500_thumb.jp

• Like 4

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some old and rare scotch in here: And some old and rare cognacs in here: Then there is the wine.

not sure i'd be too good with the dusting either, but here goes. not sure why i could not get them all upright but it gives an idea. they are sort of organised.

Just scotches

Amazing collection. Anyone has thoughts on Kirkland Whiskey? I see it in the photo.

They had several releases - some good, some not so much. Which one in particular do you want to know about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amazing collection. Anyone has thoughts on Kirkland Whiskey? I see it in the photo.

Thank You. A friend of mine in the forum has a bottle opened that I sampled. The Kirkland was OK smooth and great for the money, and would make a great daily drinker. In my onion it was better then the Trader Joes scotch offering.

• 2 weeks later...

The Kirkland single malt they released this year is the Highland sherry cask stuff, 18 year age statement. Mediocre at best. Very light in body, has some sherry flavor, that's about it. The shortest finish I've ever tasted, lasts for maybe a second.

Having tasted the Trader Joe's 23, the Kirkland 2014 release falls far short. I would not buy it again. Deserves to be mixed with Coke and finished off.

If it was a higher proof, I might pour it into my tiki torches and light it on fire.

• Like 1

The Kirkland single malt they released this year is the Highland sherry cask stuff, 18 year age statement. Mediocre at best. Very light in body, has some sherry flavor, that's about it. The shortest finish I've ever tasted, lasts for maybe a second.

Having tasted the Trader Joe's 23, the Kirkland 2014 release falls far short. I would not buy it again. Deserves to be mixed with Coke and finished off.

If it was a higher proof, I might pour it into my tiki torches and light it on fire.

Yeah, the Kirkland stuff has really gone downhill. I didn't care much for any of the Trader Joe's releases either.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Don't doubt you may at some time be able to dust the bottles Ken. Whether you can get photos or use the computer, not quite so confident sneaky.gif

not sure i'd be too good with the dusting either, but here goes.

not sure why i could not get them all upright but it gives an idea. they are sort of organised.

attachicon.gifDSC_0014.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0015.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0016.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0017.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0019.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0020.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0021.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0022.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0023.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0025.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0018.JPG

Nice work Ken on the collection (might have missed a spot of dust) and I appreciate a man who has everything open all at once

Shows commitment !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice work Ken on the collection (might have missed a spot of dust) and I appreciate a man who has everything open all at once

Shows commitment !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never believed in doing it bottle by bottle. no fun in that.

• Like 2

Nice pics Ken. I think one can tell preferences by amount of dust present and volume remaining.....

Taking Zacapa XO took your fancy?

Nice pics Ken. I think one can tell preferences by amount of dust present and volume remaining.....

Taking Zacapa XO took your fancy?

when i was travelling to NZ a fair bit, it was on sale at duty free so i stocked up. though the stocks are far lower than they once were.

great post. has reminded me how seriously i need to clean and cull and organise the spirits cupboards....

And I wonder about the rest of the house??? ;):P

Curious to know if your kitchen and garage still looks as it did (or worse) from when Rob gave us all a sneak peek a couple of years ago. LOL.

And I wonder about the rest of the house??? wink.pngtongue.png

Curious to know if your kitchen and garage still looks as it did (or worse) from when Rob gave us all a sneak peek a couple of years ago. LOL.

kitchen is always clean (well, like anywhere, i'm sure you could visit in the midst of a mess as i am not a cleaner when cooking - do it after). currently making ricotta and also red onion and ginger sweet-and-sour jam. so there will be mess tonight for a while. and if rob reads this, they both need time to "settle", so don't get any ideas if you come for a vid tomorrow.

the garage is just overloaded. too much stuff, not enough space.