THE FIRST TWO HOURS OF THE NEW CAR.........

That's funny stuff!

Nice jeep btw.

Did he get rid of that new car smell with a nice Behike :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well Rob's new car arrived just over two hours ago and what a 'Beauty'. We both go to the car with the car dealer and he proceeds to explain all the buttons, gadgets and so forth. It was making my hea

I just got a phone call from Rob, he is testing out Bluetooth. "It works" he says and as I can't stop laughing I hear him say "END CALL" and he hangs up on me

Try "White Vans Magic" Can you spell soccer mum?

For some reason when I see white cars I always think of drug dealers.....maybe I watched too many films in the 90s!!!

I kind of think the same way, although where I live it's white trucks. Usually if someone here drives a white pickup(usually a dodge ram, rarely a f150) it means you work in the oil industry, most likely in Alberta and it means you are a ******. Lol. Good thing you didn't buy a Dodge Ram, Rob.

I'm actually in the process of buying a new car. The wife got rear ended Monday afternoon and got shoved into the truck in front of her. Car got totalled, she is perfectly ok with no injury at all and the baby is perfect(.did I mention we're expecting a child in September? ). So now we have only my truck to drive both of us to work and around town so trying to find her a new car. It's either a Toyota corolla or honda civic but she can't decide. She doesn't care for add ones, only wants something that actually drives. But insists she wants the cheapest one but that means getting a Manual transmission(which she can drive) but she refuses. I hate the car buying process. Even worse is getting used to the new car.

I saw a Black Mercedes cruising around brisbane yesterday with number plate BHK 54. Slightly disappointed that this wasn't robs! Will probably be even more disappointed if it's someone's initials and birthyear. Such a waste!

We just went through the special hell of car shopping after my wife totaled her 98 Acura. I am still stunned that she decided on a new black MINI Cooper Countryman S with 6 speed manual and AWD. The best part about having a manual transmission is no one will be wanting to borrow it.

In my defence " Princess" My JK Wrangler's most technical feature was the "heater" biggrin.png

Shlomo....I couldn't find the ignition button!

Car does drive like a dream. The 3 LT Diesel is a monster of an engine. looking forward to getting her off road.

Agreed Tom. . I will change the wheels over at the 15-20K mark with new tyres. 20 inch comes standard on the Overland but you wouldn't know it. Only other thing I will change is the sound system. Standard is fine but I love excellence in car sound so Rainbow/Focal audio upgrade on the way.

• Like 1

Im with you all the way on the sound system upgrade.

Quality of sound is a absolute must to completing the optimal driving experience...

As Beekeepers, we spend a lot of time on the road in the 4x4 Landcruisers and Angela likes to rock out...

I have been know to drive with earmuffs on as she's smashing the decibels :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of think the same way, although where I live it's white trucks. Usually if someone here drives a white pickup(usually a dodge ram, rarely a f150) it means you work in the oil industry, most likely in Alberta and it means you are a ******. Lol. Good thing you didn't buy a Dodge Ram, Rob.

I'm actually in the process of buying a new car. The wife got rear ended Monday afternoon and got shoved into the truck in front of her. Car got totalled, she is perfectly ok with no injury at all and the baby is perfect(.did I mention we're expecting a child in September? ). So now we have only my truck to drive both of us to work and around town so trying to find her a new car. It's either a Toyota corolla or honda civic but she can't decide. She doesn't care for add ones, only wants something that actually drives. But insists she wants the cheapest one but that means getting a Manual transmission(which she can drive) but she refuses. I hate the car buying process. Even worse is getting used to the new car.

Toyota corolla all night and day long if you need stg reliable. Dont get me wrong Honda's are great I had no problems with my accord back in days (but still not toyota quality)

Have now done 300km since Friday.

Way too much electronics for me yet the UConnect central module is built for idiots. Kudos. I now have 80% of it down.

Pros; The 3lt diesel is a magnificent engine. VM Moto born. 0-100km hour is easily achieved in 7.5 seconds (same as FIAT Abath yet this thing is 2.tonnes +) . Economy today 9l per 100km. Good for a new engine that I had in sports mode.

Fit and trim is the best I have seen in Jeep. Not quite Range Rover Vogue standard, yet $100K cheaper with the same inclusions.

Cons. Reverse gear is a tad touchy. In fact the entire gear selection is a tad touchy. Throw it in reverse and put your foot down..you will be in the neighours loungeroom before you know it

Overall. great value for money party.gif

• Like 1

Rob took me for a spin around the block. I think he was hoping to show me a bit of power, we got stuck behind a learner doing about 40.

The thing has more gadgets than the space shuttle.

Enjoy your new ride. Technology in some of these cars is nuts these days. Lease a new audi ever 18 months and have tried all there cars by now and still use 10% of the electronics at best.

Agree the stereo is the most important thing. You can't go anywhere with out good tunes.

End post

Enjoy

End post

Lol

Cacking myself/

Warrior Princess driving home.

Quick change of lanes ....but reduces the sound on the stereo as opposed to hitting the indicator....near miss accident....ok the controls are pretty close..or so she claims party.gif

• Like 1

Cacking myself/

Warrior Princess driving home.

Quick change of lanes ....but reduces the sound on the stereo as opposed to hitting the indicator....near miss accident....ok the controls are pretty close..or so she claims party.gif

Guess that would work...reducing the sound on the stereo would let you hear the swearing of the driver you just cut off! :P