Any cigar smokers ever grow tired of cigars completely?

I may be in the minority on this site but there are NC's I'm actually quite fond of.

Brands like Tatuaje, Liga Privada, Fuente, Viaje and Illisione that I buy in decent quantiies and smoke semi reguarly.

They are by no means complex cigars, but there are days I do not want a complex cigar.

Sure, the evoultion of a cigar while youre smoking it is one of the wonderful things about them, but there are days when I just want to smoke a cigar that tastes nice. I dont want to have to pay attention to it. I just want to sit down and watch a movie, or read a book while smoking my cigar.

I may have to give another try to a few of my nc's, I used to like some Fuentes with Diet Coke

Sorry guys, I'm 28

What I meant was that I gave up smoking CC's after I had a run of woeful construction about 5 years ago.

I got sick of spending what little free cash I had on cigars that were plugged 21 sticks out a box, so I switched to NC's in the hopes of getting a full box of smokeable cigars, for a change.

Around early 2011, I noticed that the quality of CC's had improved by a fair margin from what I had experenced, so I started buying CC's again. I had my first cigar when i was 18 and I've never quit them. I've gone long periods without one, usually due to lack of funds in the early days, but never quit.

There are weeks when I dont feel like a cigar, when normally I smoke one a day. I often wonder if I could one day fall out of love with my cigars and then be stuck with thoughsands of sticks I have no interest in smoking, but then I smoke a really good Monte, or Tatuaje and I stop worrying about it

Don't worry, if you ever find yourself in that situation I will be more than happy to take them off your hands :)

I have gone through months where my interest is more in collecting and reading about habanos- while other months I am full force smoking daily. Sometimes I find if I am smoking daily it can become an artist's block of sort and my enjoyment decreases. As with any passionate hobby of mine I take time away. Just like a good relationship that needs space from time to time ;)

• Like 1

During winter, the weather keeps me off cigars, in the summer it's the other way around, I usually have a cigar every day... It's a good balance so I've never considered to give it up. Also, life's too short and this isn't a rehearsal.

Right now, I'm buying more cigars then I'm smoking, so they pile up at the moment. :)

I have a humidor at home but I very seldom smoke at home. I don't really like smoking alone, I look forward to my Fridays on the deck with Rob and the regulars.

On average I would be a one a week guy but if I'm in the mood for a second all I have to do is walk down stairs where I have a stash in my locker.

Sorry guys, I'm 28

What I meant was that I gave up smoking CC's after I had a run of woeful construction about 5 years ago.

I got sick of spending what little free cash I had on cigars that were plugged 21 sticks out a box, so I switched to NC's in the hopes of getting a full box of smokeable cigars, for a change.

My experiences exactly. I pretty much gave up on CC's after repeatedly tossing 3/4 of a box due to being unsmokable. Something about tossing money in the garbage just didn't do it for me. But, lately I'd noticed that I wasn't enjoying my evening smoke like I used to. Figured it was time for a break for a while. But, early this year, while corresponding with a good friend from another forum, he told me how much better CC's were as of late. So a couple months ago I bought a couple boxes of old CC favorites and BAM....back now..!! That was about 10 boxes of CC's ago....ok.gif I've been thinning out my NC's but like previous posters, there are a few that still hit pretty well for me. Probably keep those around...but I have to say I'm digging CC's again.

Back on topic, I do get 'bored' sometimes, and I've been known to take a break for a week or a month here and there. But, usually, it's something I really look forward to, right after work to unwind and watch the dogs run the back yard....keeps me sane....sorta.....lol3.gif

Since I've taken up the CCs (about 4 years now?) I don't think I've gone more than a week without one. I'm sure I average one cigar a day, but that's because on some days I don't smoke any and on others (like weekends) I may smoke 2-3 a day. I don't think I'm yet at the point when I'm bored with any of my CCs, but I'm a bit like Shlomo in that I don't always smoke a cigar simply because the opportunity presents itself.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

BBS -wave-

I don't really get burnt out on cigars, I get burnt out on flavors. I used to smoke tons of Illusione, Boli, RA's. I've been taking a break from them and smoking more PL's and QdO's. it's all about the flavor.

jason

My experiences exactly. I pretty much gave up on CC's after repeatedly tossing 3/4 of a box due to being unsmokable. Something about tossing money in the garbage just didn't do it for me. But, lately I'd noticed that I wasn't enjoying my evening smoke like I used to. Figured it was time for a break for a while. But, early this year, while corresponding with a good friend from another forum, he told me how much better CC's were as of late. So a couple months ago I bought a couple boxes of old CC favorites and BAM....back now..!! That was about 10 boxes of CC's ago....ok.gif I've been thinning out my NC's but like previous posters, there are a few that still hit pretty well for me. Probably keep those around...but I have to say I'm digging CC's again.

Back on topic, I do get 'bored' sometimes, and I've been known to take a break for a week or a month here and there. But, usually, it's something I really look forward to, right after work to unwind and watch the dogs run the back yard....keeps me sane....sorta.....lol3.gif

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yep it happened to me. I was an avid noncc smoker from 1990 to 2000. I could never get cc or just thought they were ok and did not seek them out. I took a 5 year break and then pursued my go-to cigars again... Avo , davidoff, la Gloria and padron. I thought ... I was disenchanted to say the least....How did I even enjoy these cigars back then ?( 1990 to 2000)....About 3 months later I received a care package of aged Cubans and my world view changed forever . Juan Lopez , Cuban la Gloria Skinny and hoyo epicures made me see the light (all had 6 to8 years on them)..

Currently I have only a small collection of 15 boxes of Cubans..all bought from foh.... I will never buy noncc and only buy my boxes from Rob.

• Like 1

I'm pretty regular at two cigars a week, Friday's on the ride home from work and Sundays in the backyard weather permitting. The Sunday's drop off during winter and bad weather, but I try to make that up another day then if I can. I do so look forward to them. I keep it at two per week primarily because back to back (daily) smoking doesn't give me the same pleasure, secondly the cost, and finally the health concerns.

I've been enjoying cigars for about 17 years, Cubans for about 15. I think my pace always keeps the interest alive and I have to say if I can't smoke a Cuban I won't smoke at all.

I haven't so far, although I must admit I'm not getting as excited as I usually do about sneaking in a smoke or two this weekend and have also not been reading and posting on forums as much as I usually do so maybe I'm entering a down period now... :(

Pretty much like everything in life. Up and down up and down. But no, never quit or gave it up totally. I am another one though who's trying to keep it low in quantity but high in quality. That pays back for me. 2-3 cigars weekly, but can be a cigar per day on holidays when I have lot more free time. I like it how it is.

I haven't so far, although I must admit I'm not getting as excited as I usually do about sneaking in a smoke or two this weekend and have also not been reading and posting on forums as much as I usually do so maybe I'm entering a down period now... sad.png

Sounds like this guy needs some ideas to get back that lovn feeln :) maybe someone will share what motivated them. Only thing I can think of is there are a lot of new cc's Rob's offering that are smoking nice young! New drink pairing maybe, chai latte with a bold flavored cc?!

I could see myself getting tired of smoking when i'm down on supply and am left to smoke one of two choices as my mind will say to me it wants a cigar a bit different than yesterday or the day before. But that just tells me I need to restock and venture into different marcas and vitolas. Having just returned from Cuba I realized I could smoke all day if time and money would permit as I was smoking 4-5 a day and enjoying every single one.

Maybe that's just the vacation effect but I know that after having explored some of the LCDH specialties as well as double coronas, and other cigars, I have just barely scratched the surface and have a world of flavour experiences yet to be discovered. On top of that there is another world to be discovered in pairing drinks with cigars which is a whole other story. (Buccanero + Trinidad Coloniales = Love & Havana Club 7yr + PSD4 = Love)

PS on another note, I had a Padron Serie No 9 (supposedly one of the top NC's that I have been saving) while in Cuba and if I had to smoke those consitenly for more than a week I would get tired so damn fast lol. It was nothing what I expected it to be and was far from being finessed and interesting.

I never get tired of smoking Cigars however I have on some occasion which includes now, been a little off them if that makes sense.

By saying this, I'm not tired of the cigar itself, I still look and want to buy as many as I can, but my taste buds of late have been a little off so I have taken a short break from Cigars for now. Perhaps it's other factors such as Melbourne weather also as I only smoke outside?