2 Footlockers of Cubans

Vinnyp50

Buddy of mine is moving and gave me two footlockers of cuban cigars. They have not been taken care of over the past few months (which is blasphemy). They look and feel a little dry. I've read multiple places about trying to revive cigars, so not looking for help there unless anyone has amazing information that has worked for them. I've taken my large humidor and placed a large amount of the cigars in with an Oasis humidifier, taking it up 0.1% every few days. I was wondering any good idea on set up for the 2 large footlockers (in case anyone is wondering, they are "the Havana Foot Locker Cigar Humidor")? First time with humidors of this size, so not sure on passive vs active. Any information is appreciated.

-Vinny

Like you said, take your time bringing them back. Don't just pump it up to 65RH at 65 degrees right away....

Don't smoke or play with them too much in the next couple months. Try one then. See if there is hope. Good luck

Thanks for the help! The two footlockers are around 60% Rh. I'm gonna work the cigars back to optimal levels in a smaller humidor so I can control the humidity better. I was looking more for a good setup for the footlockers, as they are bigger than any of my previous humidors. I have large humidifier bars that load on it, but was wondering if those will be enough, or should i think of beads vs active with fans.

60% rH? Not sure I'd be all that worried about the sticks. It may be sub optimal from whatever you prefer, but 60% is not going to kill them. Sounds like a real pal! 2 footlockers of CC's?! Da-yum! cigar.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for the help! The two footlockers are around 60% Rh. I'm gonna work the cigars back to optimal levels in a smaller humidor so I can control the humidity better. I was looking more for a good setup for the footlockers, as they are bigger than any of my previous humidors. I have large humidifier bars that load on it, but was wondering if those will be enough, or should i think of beads vs active with fans.

60rh? Sheeze, I keep some of mine at 62 so I think they'll be fine. You lucky bastard ;)

• Like 1

Active humidifiers just make it dead simple, as wood humidors will usually require humidity unless you're in a higher ambient humidity environment. The key with the Havana Foot Locker is to get power down to the electronic unit in the bottom, as there is 2 trays on the top to contend with and the overall height is close to 20". If you chose to go with an active solution, make sure you find a unit with a longer ribbon cable such as the Hydra SM with the optional long ribbon or an old style Cigar Oasis with a long Hydra cable. The new Cigar Oasis stuff does not have a long cable... Yet! I am working on one though.

Worst case is you can drill a hole thru the box and power them that way... They were "Free" after all

Buddy of mine is moving and gave me two footlockers of cuban cigars. They have not been taken care of over the past few months (which is blasphemy). They look and feel a little dry. I've read multiple places about trying to revive cigars, so not looking for help there unless anyone has amazing information that has worked for them. I've taken my large humidor and placed a large amount of the cigars in with an Oasis humidifier, taking it up 0.1% every few days. I was wondering any good idea on set up for the 2 large footlockers (in case anyone is wondering, they are "the Havana Foot Locker Cigar Humidor")? First time with humidors of this size, so not sure on passive vs active. Any information is appreciated.

-Vinny

Passive or active will depend on your ambient conditions. It is about time you survey your room or location for the cabinets.

I keep my CC at 60rH and sometimes less. It all depends on what temperature you wish to store at. As I have shown over and over again, the cooler you keep tobacco, the less water it will surrender to the environment via the process of ErH (Equilibrium Relative Humidity).

One point to consider is this. Water (vapor) is easier to add to cigars than to remove from cigars. What you don't want to do is get them too wet.

Congrats on your acquisition. -Piggy

• Like 2