Great White in Australia?

Absolutely terrifying!! funnily enough I previously worked in that area and we were constantly stopping people from jumping off those very cliffs due to a lot of people becoming seriously injured hitting the nearby rocks... At least now there is even more of a deterrent.

I think it's a fake, but a pretty good fake. The 58/59 second mark is a blemish in an otherwise nicely set up video. That's not to say there haven't been Great Whites on Sydney's Northern beaches....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree this is likely a fake

We regularly have Great Whites cruising around NZ. They are there, just few and far between.

Local paper reported a 2.5m White circling a small fizz boat and mouthing the prop a few weeks ago...not far from Downtown Auckland.

Used to solo night dive a lot around far offshore islands...swimming back to the boat in total darkness with Jaws theme in your head is unforgettable :)

"Look for your happy place" !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are a serious number of great whites around, some massive (remember that the live footage of the whites for jaws was all shot down here) but i saw a newspaper report while travelling today (can't remember from what/who) saying that it was a fake.

it looks a bit too much like it was shot from the cage diving stuff in south aussie and spliced, but very well done.

which is not to say that region would not get whites. bulls more likely though.

people either forget or don't realise that one of the very few known breeding sites for whites is actually the mediteranean. and they can be found very close to the shore, but they rarely seem to bother swimmers.

i have a theory that we have a great deal more shark attacks than are counted. when someone goes missing unless incontrovertible evidence of sharks, goes down as a drowning.

Looked at the video a few times.. The first thing I noticed was the lack of wall where the guy was very close to and the shark looked as if it was swimming towards. Also the 58th second blemish (didn't notice that til I read your comments!)

Likely a fake but a pretty good well put together one!

The shark looks like a fairly good sized male. I agree that it looked sort of off when the shark turned directly towards the shore when it appeared to be no more than a body length from it in the first place.

If the video was real the guy is lucky he didn't get bumped at least with all of that splashing. Sharks are curious to a fault sometimes.