New Humi-KL smell

dowjr1

So I picked up a tall humi on CL and it is in great shape. Guy who had it used kitty litter for humidification and so the humi has a slight scent aside from the normal cedar aroma. I have been airing it out in hopes of removing the slight KL smell. Any input as to what else I might do to help this process or am I on the right track? Or am I screwed?

• 2 weeks later...

So I picked up a tall humi on CL and it is in great shape. Guy who had it used kitty litter for humidification and so the humi has a slight scent aside from the normal cedar aroma. I have been airing it out in hopes of removing the slight KL smell. Any input as to what else I might do to help this process or am I on the right track? Or am I screwed?

So, how did it go bro?

i have the same problem, i currently havd about 5 trays of baking soda in my wineador and have noticed the smell slightly disappear but it is still there. i will probably try the coffee method since it is the spanish cedar shelves that absorbed the smell. (what i have learned: never buying anything from anyone that uses KL even if the price is really good. its just too much work to fix up)