still the same blend

I'm nowhere as near experienced as some of you but I've had my fair share of old boxes, I've had bad old cigars just like I've had bad new ones but I've never had one where I've thought its past it.. maybe past a point where my personal preference would be but not where I would call it a bad cigar because its too old?

I always wonder this when I see a discussion about cigars aging potential and 'legs'.

So to the more experience smokers does it actually happen? Can a cigar loose it if its been stored correctly but is just too old?

(I hope that made sense) lookaround.gif lol

I'm nowhere as near experienced as some of you but I've had my fair share of old boxes, I've had bad old cigars just like I've had bad new ones but I've never had one where I've thought its past it.. maybe past a point where my personal preference would be but not where I would call it a bad cigar because its too old?

I always wonder this when I see a discussion about cigars aging potential and 'legs'.

So to the more experience smokers does it actually happen? Can a cigar loose it if its been stored correctly but is just too old?

it happens. i had the luck to try alot of older stuff and there guys who smoked them told me that some where on the decline. it can happen to any age range, i got told.

• Like 1

It definitely makes sense. The exemple that comes to my mind is the late 90's ERDM lonsdale; at 7 or 8 years of age the good ERDM flavours became fainter and fainter, leaving only a taste of tobacco.

• Like 1

It definitely makes sense. The exemple that comes to my mind is the late 90's ERDM lonsdale; at 7 or 8 years of age the good ERDM flavours became fainter and fainter, leaving only a taste of tobacco.

Is such decline definite and final, or is it possibly what some have termed a "second sick period?"

The tobacco has changed, but it is still tobacco - Cuba still rolls great cigars, when the people in charge let the blenders/quality control folks do their best. Tobacco in this case is a product of Cuban soil, what is being done with it is another question. There are great cigars from the 70s-80s-90s and there are great cigars from 2001 and 2002, etc... and 2013

PL Montecarlo is a good example of managing the situation over the years with new strains, etc

• Like 4

^^^Exactly^^^

There are no current regular production cigars with the same blend as 20 years ago, or even 15. The strains of tobacco being used are not the same.

That has nothing to do with the blend. Ligero is still Ligero and same with the rest.