Live From (TH/TW)

Okay, newber question, here:

How do y'all know when the LFTH/LFTW events are going to happen? Is it announced beforehand, or are we supposed to check the forum every evening (Western Hemisphere Time) to see whether it's going off?

I already spent my monthly cigar budget/humi space last week and if I would have known this was popping, there are several boxes I would have sold my dog for!

They're semi-random. Don't have to check hourly but every day or so should do it....

I post in advance on the forum to give 48 hours or so notice. Often it is included in the outgoing FOH newsletter. Typically it is a few days to a week after I get to the warehouse to inspect incoming shipments. I was there last week. Back there next week to inspect the Monte stock and a few others including Partagas 898. I have a small vintage shipment arriving in 10 days or so. Nothing too special lookaround.gif

• Like 2

Trust me....I won't be posting Cuaba ..albeit it was offered nyah.gif

Ssshhhhhhhh. It's almost like you want everyone to know ;)

What am I saying, I'm tapped out anyway. Between you and Mr OLH my budgets right out the window. Is this how it goes Prez? Get em in with a good deal on a box or two and before you know it they're taking out a second mortgage because Robs posted just one more awesome box, just one more LFTW purchase. Cursing us with box after box of beautiful cigars of the highest quality. Jokes on you, I've still got a kidney I can sell ;)

Fantastic as always Prez. I'm going back to watching the mailbox...

Mr OLH my budgets right out the window. Is this how it goes Prez? Get em in with a good deal on a box or two and before you know it they're taking out a second mortgage because Robs posted just one more awesome box, just one more LFTW purchase. Cursing us with box after box of beautiful cigars of the highest quality.

Yes, this is absolutely how it goes. During April I only wanted to buy Partagas Shorts and Mag 46.Guess what?

Ended with 2 boxes RASCC, 1 box Monte 4,1 box Monte 5, then a box of Upmann connie 1 and a box of Upmann connie A's

Its too late man, you have already been here. The bugs are now eating that brain from inside out. And you just buy and buy more :D

Yes, this is absolutely how it goes. During April I only wanted to buy Partagas Shorts and Mag 46.Guess what?

Ended with 2 boxes RASCC, 1 box Monte 4,1 box Monte 5, then a box of Upmann connie 1 and a box of Upmann connie A's

Its too late man, you have already been here. The bugs are now eating that brain from inside out. And you just buy and buy more :D

I think we need a support group

As in a group that supports our cigar finances ;) I wonder if I could start a charity. I can see the commercial now:

"this is Pedro. In his daily struggle for a good cigar he is forced to roam the streets, smoking PE grade Cubans. For just $500 a month you can help him and others like him to live without the uncertainty of how he will afford Robs next HQ or PSP offering. Call now to pledge your support"

• Like 1

Dude, it's so true. I started not even a year ago just wanting a couple of boxes of Cubans for special occasions. Now I can't fit another box in my wineador and hardly touch my NC. If my wife ever finds out how much I've spent I'm in serious trouble

• Like 1

Dude, it's so true. I started not even a year ago just wanting a couple of boxes of Cubans for special occasions. Now I can't fit another box in my wineador and hardly touch my NC. If my wife ever finds out how much I've spent I'm in serious trouble

Yes it is. I was not joking ;)

To fit another box solution always ends with a new humidor/coolidor/cabinet or whatever but surely not with stop buying boxes till you have more places :D

New humidors?

Man, I'm building a house and the master bedroom has twin walk in robes. I'm starting to think I don't need two, the one on the right is starting to look like a great walk in humidor. Bit of cedar on the walls and ceiling, rip up the carpet and replace with tile beeeeaauutiful

• Like 1

same story here (and everyone else) , bought a house and figured a nice little 25 ct humidor would be nice and I put a few NC's from my local B&M in there.. went to the Bahamas and bought a few fake CC's before I knew anything, vowing to never be dooped again I found this site and all hell broke loose.. My 28ct Winedor is bursting at the seams and I am still buying more.. to top it off my Wife is a Cardiologist so I see her face turn red everytime I light up... Man if she only knew how much I have spent on Cigars, storage and accessories it would be bye-bye. everytime I say to myself this is it I have more than enough, Rob goes and hosts a LFTH. thanks Rob!

New humidors?

Man, I'm building a house and the master bedroom has twin walk in robes. I'm starting to think I don't need two, the one on the right is starting to look like a great walk in humidor. Bit of cedar on the walls and ceiling, rip up the carpet and replace with tile beeeeaauutiful

I'm absolutely sure you DON'T need two :-P

But a walk in, hell yes ;)

I keep 4 humis which allows enough space to age some stock for a few years without spending enough to need a divorce lawyer.

Whenever she balks at how much a box or two cost, I offer to quit cigars and take up crack. That usually ends it (with a chuckle, which is a great way to win an audience!wink.png )

• Like 2

Budget? Whats a budget? I stopped making a budget as by the first week of the month I was always over it. Thank God I am not married yet or I would be divorced already. My fiance is pretty cool but I am sure once that day comes and everything becomes a joint account I will have to ask advice from a few of you guys on the tricks of the trade on hiding our spending habits from our wives!

Also I love the charity idea, sign me up for that board of directors!

• 2 months later...

I assume these are the same as the pinned posts offering PSP, HQ and PE? Or is there something else that I am missing?

I've always wondering with the newbie FAQ about how to properly reply when requesting a box if I'm missing anything, seeing as all the posts are locked and emails are just sent to Diana!

I assume these are the same as the pinned posts offering PSP, HQ and PE? Or is there something else that I am missing?

I've always wondering with the newbie FAQ about how to properly reply when requesting a box if I'm missing anything, seeing as all the posts are locked and emails are just sent to Diana!

I will take one PSP box of Wookie please (then email the lovely Di)