Manchester City and the English Premier League

• 8 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but found this while searching on Premier League, thinking there might be a thread dedicated to the current season.

In any event, I'm a big fan of The Arsenal. My father spent some time in London in the 70s, and had such fond memories of going to Arsenal, so growing up, although it was never on tv, he always talked about his love of The Arsenal. We started getting semi-regular Premier League matches in the US around the time of the Invincibles, at the height of Arsenal/Utd, Wenger/SAF, Vieira/Keane, etc. So the channel that showed the matches would show a lot of Arsenal. I grew up playing, and even played for a couple years in college. So I naturally gravitated toward Arsenal. Now we get every single PL match on tv in the US, and I never miss Arsenal. I have no problem waking up for a 7am kickoff, and with twitter and the internet, it's nothing to follow a team halfway around the globe these days.

It was not the superior colour on Sunday. Go Gunners!!

agreed.

was way too easy. that is pretty much it for the season for man dollars.

the only tiny tiny reservation i had about it was, as important as the three points were for us, hate seeing chelski get further ahead. would rather man dollars win the thing than them.

mind you, seeing man spew scraping home with 0-0 against third level cambridge is nearly as much fun

that said, not as good as their 4-0 thumping by the milton keynes under 8's but still good.

• Like 1

the only tiny tiny reservation i had about it was, as important as the three points were for us, hate seeing chelski get further ahead. would rather man dollars win the thing than them.

Agree on that point, but if we can do Chelsea in April at the Emirates, it'll be a wash. Nice to see Wenger finally set his team up to have a chance against top quality. It may not be the pretty, flowing stuff we've come to expect at Arsenal, but the rest of the footballing world have figured out that style without substance doesn't win silverware. Arsenal will never be a park the bus side, but if they commit to defending, they'll always have the quality in midfield and attack to score goals. Hopefully they found something at City, and that was our season started.

Agree on that point, but if we can do Chelsea in April at the Emirates, it'll be a wash. Nice to see Wenger finally set his team up to have a chance against top quality. It may not be the pretty, flowing stuff we've come to expect at Arsenal, but the rest of the footballing world have figured out that style without substance doesn't win silverware. Arsenal will never be a park the bus side, but if they commit to defending, they'll always have the quality in midfield and attack to score goals. Hopefully they found something at City, and that was our season started.

agree with all that but my issue is we see it time and time again. a flash and then a stumble. when we win reasonably consistently against the top sides and don't stuff up playing the lesser teams, i'll believe. still need a few pieces for the team to be top notch.

and after all, there must be a few injured french teenagers we can find to sign.

• Like 1

agree with all that but my issue is we see it time and time again. a flash and then a stumble. when we win reasonably consistently against the top sides and don't stuff up playing the lesser teams, i'll believe. still need a few pieces for the team to be top notch.

and after all, there must be a few injured french teenagers we can find to sign.

See we're in for Gabriel Paulista, hope he works out better than the last Brazilian defender panic buy Andre Santos. Wonder if Paulista can play defensive midfield. I don't think the 17 year old Polish DM he just bought will help much anytime soon.

See we're in for Gabriel Paulista, hope he works out better than the last Brazilian defender panic buy Andre Santos. Wonder if Paulista can play defensive midfield. I don't think the 17 year old Polish DM he just bought will help much anytime soon.

i reckon that so many rumours fly around it is not worth bothering till they sign. how many times have we, and others, been definitely absolutely certainly linked with someone for nothing to happen and then something unexpected - eg, ozil. and this bloke doesn't have a work permit. we'd look dills if we pay big bucks for a bloke not eligible.

polish kid sounds good for the future but so have many others.

i see paulista has been left out of the villareal squad for this weekend's game, even though fit. as a key player then surely the only reason - you'd think - is that a transfer has been agreed.

might be something in this one but we'll know soon.

i see paulista has been left out of the villareal squad for this weekend's game, even though fit. as a key player then surely the only reason - you'd think - is that a transfer has been agreed.

might be something in this one but we'll know soon.

Has to be a good sign. As you've said before, when I see him appear in an Arsenal shirt, I'll get excited. We have plenty of recent form when it comes to near misses on big transfers (Higuain, Hazard, Mata, Di Maria, Suarez, Yaya Toure, Demba Ba all come to mind). Hope this one's different. Sign him up and get him in the squad.

Well I feel a lot less impressed about the win at City last week. City dumped out of the cup at home to Boro. Unbelievable. Not the strongest City side, but still plenty of big names in that squad.

if that was a surprise, i expect our chelski friend are feeling extremely blue this morning.

bizarre how these massive clubs get done by davids so often these days.

if that was a surprise, i expect our chelski friend are feeling extremely blue this morning.

bizarre how these massive clubs get done by davids so often these days.

No tears shed watching Chelsea turned over by mighty Bradford City. What a thrill it must have been for Bradford supporters who threw a tenner at 30-1. Of course we have form going out of a cup competition to Bradford ourselves. At least we managed to take them to penalties before falling in the league cup.

You can't win it every year lol3.gif

never a truer word spoken ,but if your a long time City fan your kind off used to it no surprises here lol3.gif