Mid 90s Sticks

Had a brief discussion with Rye on this matter as well...

Apparently, there aren't many mid-90s sticks around anymore. I have an assortment of 70s, 80s, etc offers but almost none from the mid-90s. We all know the story with 98s and 99s...but it seems that even 85s-92s are more common than those 5 other digits: 93, 94, 95, 96, 97!

In fact, the only time i've seen a mid-90s stick is in my collection. haven't ever seen them in the wild, on my part. Any of you blokes want to offer some sound advice on that?

There are a few shops in London that have stock from that era. A lot of Hoyo epicures, some Upmann and a few Punch and Partagas. Cohiba Robustos if you get lucky. A lot of shops in many parts of the world had a hard time getting stock during that period, from the early to the late 90s.

There are a few shops in London that have stock from that era. A lot of Hoyo epicures, some Upmann and a few Punch and Partagas. Cohiba Robustos if you get lucky.

awesome. cheers for replying Ryan! :) it's like getting professional help with you around! and of course J.J. Fox and Mitch would have em! can just never find time (or money!) to drag myself to your part of the isles though :(

but it's hard to see them floating around in people's collections nowadays.... let alone, getting them to sell/trade! no.gif

My experience with mid 90's consists of Partagas, Punch, Sir Winston's and a some Cohiba, and they were/are stellar!

dont have a lot but a couple times a month i smoke one from the '89 to '93 era ... to me ... the very best timeline to be smoking from just now .

as for '94 to '97 ... got em ... just not smoking them right now .

precious cargo indeed

derrek

can just never find time (or money!) to drag myself to your part of the isles though sad.png

I would be more than happy to eyeball/photo stuff you might be looking for. I am familiar with a handful of the main London shops, although as I tend to look more than buy (I already have far more than I need) I couldn't claim to be a regular customer. Be fun to assist someone else with spending their money, though! smile.png

Just a thought as to scarcity...something to do with when MRNs book came out ? When was this early 2000s? Assuming much commentary on 90s stock and how earlier decades may have declined from their peak, so a rush by people on 90s stock? Combined with boom in cigar consumption in late 90s prior to dot com bubble bursting ?

I would be more than happy to eyeball/photo stuff you might be looking for. I am familiar with a handful of the main London shops, although as I tend to look more than buy (I already have far more than I need) I couldn't claim to be a regular customer. Be fun to assist someone else with spending their money, though! smile.png

Ha! that's the same way with me and my mates ;) specific box codes i'd love to have are: OSSA or OESL

but honestly, with Derreck's advice, looks like any sticks from 94-97 are precious little bitties. Real shame, that. I'd love to see what shops in the Isles you're talking about though, Phil. I'll shoot you a PM.

But. :focus: the initial question of this thread was:

WHY are they so damn scarce? :/