Cigar Collectibles: anybody?

Here is my collection of stuff made with cigar bands and a box. Maybe it gives you ideas to make stuff with yours? I did not make the lighter. I decoupaged the chair with cigar bands and painted the cigar box.

post-8371-0-92768100-1395919114_thumb.jp

post-8371-0-89863000-1395919184_thumb.jp

post-8371-0-59176600-1395919199_thumb.jp

Here is my collection of stuff made with cigar bands and a box. Maybe it gives you ideas to make stuff with yours? I did not make the lighter. I decoupaged the chair with cigar bands and painted the cigar box.

Lisa

That chair is awesome. I never would have thought about doing a chair with cigar bands.

This is my patio table I did.eba5e3yz.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

They look fantastic :)

Do you mind explaining how you did the zippo? I would really like to steal this idea and do my own

Edit: sorry, better learn to read better. Any input would still be great

This guy has this site through Wordpress and he has been making lighters with bands on Zippo lighters for years. Like the chair I did or any artsy crafty label project, using acrylic gloss or matte medium from an art store will do the trick. You use it to glue the labels down and then several coats after to seal it. A heavy duty marine varnish gives it that thick gloss lacquer finish.

The one thing the zippo guy does really nicely is he pieces the bands together so they fit on the lighter, keeping in mind the function of the break between top and bottom. The best part about the Opus X band and many other N C bands is the paper is thick and there is so much to work with. On the other hand, a random pattern of smaller CC labels would look great too.

I used to smoke mainly Opus X before I came over to the Cuban side.

• Like 1