Cigar Collectibles: anybody?

For years I have collected everything from wind-up toys to antique quilts to vintage fishing lures. Of course now my obsession is Cuban cigars.

With the cigars I have found some terrific collectible items to place around my cigar room.

post-8371-0-23278800-1395183136_thumb.jp post-8371-0-22877300-1395183156_thumb.jp

post-8371-0-35492000-1395183443_thumb.jp

You?

• Like 1

I like em a lot brother! What's the second one?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

post-19654-0-34463700-1395262934_thumb.j

I thought you might like to see this CB. Your first picture reminded me of this old toy I had put away. It's from when I was a kid.

He used to rock and bring the pipe up to his mouth. The pipe would glow and he would blow smoke from some type of light oil you put in his mouth.

I should see if I can get it working again and put it out on display. It worked before it was put away so there can't be too much wrong.

post-19654-0-30736100-1395263468_thumb.j

Not very collectable, but kind of unique is a few dried CT Broadleaf plants. A rack fell off a farm tractor I was following on my way home from work a couple of years ago during harvest season.

I just missed out on an old cigar press I was bidding on, on ebay. I would like to get a press and some molds some day.

I'm surprised more people aren't interested in tobacco collectables. I guess they're more interested in collecting cigars. Can't blame them. That's what I've been trying to focus on lately too.

Dan

• Like 1

I use to have a lot of things related to cigars and tobacco. Sold 99% of it off when I got out of the hobby 8 years back. I'm trying to get back into collecting some of this stuff as it think it's really interesting.

One of my prized possessions (that I'd love to have back) was a hand written letter on Partagas Factory - Havana, Cuba letterhead, dated in the late 1800s. The letter had wonderful penmanship, was written in Spanish (of course), and was the full length of the page. The letter was written by some higher-up at Partagas (forget the name). The gist of the letter was this gentleman thanking the recipient of the letter for his order of cigars, he hoped he enjoyed them, and said he either had received his payment in gold or would let him know when the payment in gold was received - I can't remember which.

I also use to have sheets and sheets of cigar band examples from the early 1900s. These were from salesman sample books. Back then, there were tons of cigar mfgrs in the US making dozens of different cigars.

I also collect tobacco supplier bill heads from the late 1800s to early 1900s - and still have many of these. These look great hanging in my office and get a lot of looks/comments from visitors.

bill-1_zps8727b39e.jpg

bill-2_zpsa36690d2.jpg

bill-3_zps42b46e16.jpg

• Like 1

Besides a bunch of old cigar bands. I have and old tin of El Producto Blunts that cost 5 cents back then. Also an old German ceramic tobacco jar.udabu8y3.jpg

y7yrateh.jpg

zujy3ema.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

Besides a bunch of old cigar bands. I have and old tin of El Producto Blunts that cost 5 cents back then. Also an old German ceramic tobacco jar.

Sent using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use to have a lot of things related to cigars and tobacco. Sold 99% of it off when I got out of the hobby 8 years back. I'm trying to get make into collecting some of this stuff as it think it's really interesting.

One of my prized possessions (that I'd love to have back) was a hand written letter on Partagas Factory - Havana, Cuba letterhead, dated in the late 1800s. The letter had wonderful penmanship, was written in Spanish (of course), and was the full length of the page. The letter was written by some higher-up at Partagas (forget the name). The gist of the letter was this gentleman thanking the recipient of the letter for his order of cigars, he hoped he enjoyed them, and said he either had received his payment in gold or would let him know when the payment in gold was received - I can't remember which.

I also use to have sheets and sheets of cigar band examples from the early 1900s. These were from salesman sample books. Back then, there were tons of cigar mfgrs in the US making dozens of different cigars.

I also collect tobacco supplier bill heads from the late 1800s to early 1900s - and still have many of these. These look great hanging in my office and get a lot of looks/comments from visitors.

bill-1_zps8727b39e.jpg

bill-2_zpsa36690d2.jpg

bill-3_zps42b46e16.jpg

Wow, these are really cool. Where do you go about finding these?

doesn't it suck when you have to sell prized possessions for money? I have always regretted it afterwards. such is life though

Didn't have to sell....I just thought I was giving up cigars. Ended up using the $$ to add to my wine cellar - LOL! Also sold my first edition Min Ron Nee book, but I got one of those back already.

As for where I found the tobacco receipts.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1900-Joseph-A-Stern-Bro-Cigars-Tobacco-Smokers-Articles-Erie-PA-billhead-/111170717592?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e24a8798

A friend gave me this Cohiba box yesterday. Could go either way whether you think this is the cheesiest, ugliest thing you have ever seen, or it is interesting.

Leather and fur. Solid cedar, vintage, no inner lip that seals it like a quality humidor. Ever seen anything like it?

post-8371-0-03671200-1395666304_thumb.jp