Beetle Help

Hello,

I would like to ask recommendation on how to proceed with what looks to be a beetle hole in one of the cigars in my cabinet singles drawer. I found the hole today on one of the three Hoyo Regalos 2007 EL's I bought last week from local LCDH. All 3 were from the same box and the other two look to be fine (no holes). I didn't see the hole when picking up the cigars so I don't know if the hole was already there or not. I'm not sure how fast a beetle can make a hole of this size. The 3 cigars have been in my singles drawer together with about 100 other single cigars for about a week.

I checked all the singles from the drawer at great detail one at a time this morning and all other cigars are looking to be completely fine (no holes in any of them). The cabinet is non temperature controlled Aristocrat holding 65% humidity and about 22 degrees C temperature (74 F).

I don't particularly care about this one cigar (I'm sure they will exchange it at LCDH) but I'm not sure if I should be worried about the rest of stock. I have put the 3 Hoyo Regalos in a zip locked plastic bag and am keeping these in my cabinet. I have also put most of my other singles in bunches to separate plastic bags (to limit any further damage should there be any).

I have never had any problems with beetles before (have only seen the holes from internet pictures).

Please let me know if I should take any further steps. I also have about 30 boxes in the same cabinet (all closed so I don't think I should be worried about these).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pictures:

beetle2.jpg

beetle1.jpg

I dunno man that doesn't look like a bettle hole to me, looks liek a puncture hole from a small dull item. All the bettle holes ive seen have been clean cut holes, as if they have been drilled.

Try one thing, hold the cigra up (Foot facing down) and flick/tap the cigar reasonably hard with your finger several times, see if black dust comes out of the foot. google "tapping cigars for bettles" and click on th efirst link that shows up on the Puff forums. That will explain and show what i mean.

If you dont get serious amounts of black dust coming out, it's not beetles.