'The Havana' Documentary question, Behike.

I've just been watching the documentary - The Havana for the second time when I noticed something interesting. I'm not sure when this was filmed but I'm guessing mid 1990's... anyone know for sure?

Anyway, when talking about Cohiba and El Laguito there is a shot at the 43.50 minute mark of a glass cabinet with bands and Cohiba box stickers/labels. I noticed they have the Behike ones there??

I was under the impression that the Behike was first introduced in 2006 as a special release and then in 2010 in current production. There's no mention that I can find of any earlier Behikes on Trevor's website.

What am I missing? can anyone shed any light on this??

• Like 1

That's interesting. I don't know the answer, but the only guess I can make is that it was a proposed line or Cohiba offshoot that didn't take off at the time?

And at 46:15, the lady worker wraps Cohiba CEs in cellophane… I wonder if the doc uses extracts from older movies…

I assumed they were Cohiba Cornas, as they were discontinued in 1992. I put the documentary at about 1990.

I thought it was interesting to hear the Spanish actor's comments on American "oblivious" smoking vs European smoking and British "dry" vs Spanish "wet" cigars. Also, it was interesting to watch the Monte A being rolled...And, Salinger's own account of the JFK cigar purchase, before the embargo, was interesting.

Enjoyed the video, thanks.

Another thing I noticed is that most people smoking cigars smaller than a 48 RG, mostly Churchill or double cornoas.

Nobody was smoking any "fat" cigars.