Cigar question. Please give input.

Hello all.

My confusion. I have a box of monti #2's, smoked eight out of the box and all were perfect. I just light one up and it has a perfume/cologne smell and flavor. I have never experienced this before with any CC.

They have never been exposed to any foreign odors, no have I spray any purfume/cologne near my large humi. Box came from OZ! Any input would be great! Thanks for you help in advance.

When I received my very first box about 6months ago, I opened it expecting to smell the sweet smell of tobacco, leather and all the other smells you get from cigars, instead I got almost a fishy smell. I was very worried but when I inspected each cigar individually I managed to get some cigar smells. Put them in the humi figuring it would go away and boy did it ever. They are smoking fantastic now and I'm trying my absolute hardest not to grab one each time I open the humi.

It was a Box of RA Superiores I ordered from El Prez.

I should have also mentioned to you to out give the rest a sniff and see if you can notice those same smells and if you do just leave those ones aside in the humi for a while longer and see if that helps.

It happens, although I have never experienced the floral perfume essence in the Monte 2 (Which truth be told is one of my all time flavor characteristics is a cigar, I search for it high and low.) I know a member and buddy here troutkiller recently experienced exactly what you were talking about in some Monte 2's as well.

• Like 1

I've not experienced this "perfume" smell before. Monte 2s can have a sweetish "barnyard" essence, which could be perceived as almost a perfume quality.

I just got a pretty young box of JL2s which have always been quite good fresh. The first one I smoked had a subtle sourness, which I've not tasted before with JL2s before. Has anyone experienced this before with young JL2s?

Didn't Clinton's cigars have this issue???

rotfl.gif

• Like 1

I had some monte 2s two weeks ago and all 3 had a floral scent to them. It was subtle so I assumed it was just a characteristic of that cigar. Apparently it wasn't. Which would explain why they were just average.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Opened a box of Box of 07 Bolivar Caronas Extra last weekend, at first past over the cigars from distance I could smell nothing at all...No cedar, leather, earthy barnyard, nothing. When I freakishly put my nose hard up to the center of the top row, I got a slightly sweet and floral musk..It wasn't a bad smell, the only way I can describe it is elder pot pure haha.

Last box of Edmundos I got had the same thing, It's been about 6 months. I guess i'll give them a try and hopefully that soapy perfumey flavor is gone.

It was a Mag 46 on my side.

When I received my very first box about 6months ago, I opened it expecting to smell the sweet smell of tobacco, leather and all the other smells you get from cigars, instead I got almost a fishy smell. I was very worried but when I inspected each cigar individually I managed to get some cigar smells. Put them in the humi figuring it would go away and boy did it ever. They are smoking fantastic now and I'm trying my absolute hardest not to grab one each time I open the humi.

It was a Box of RA Superiores I ordered from El Prez.

I get the ''fishy'' smell quite often and RA's seem to be the the #1 culprit. Grabbed a couple fresh 50 cabs last year and both reeked of it. I put them away so I'll have to see if they still have it when it's time for their yearly inspection.

It was a Mag 46 on my side.

Last box of 46's I opened, SUB ENE 12, the first few had the soapy taste, last one I had about a month ago from that box did not.

Tobacco absorbs odours very well. In Cuba, when the central veins are removed from leaves they have a number of uses them. Among them are as a perfume/aftershave fixative, the tobacco slows down evaporation of volatile compounds and helps the perfume last longer. Also, people will bring home piles of tobacco veins and spread them around their house after painting. The tobacco absorbs the paint smell.

• Like 1