Startup cigars...

Hi fellow FOH'ers!

A friend of mine is seriously falling in love with cigar smoking. As we all did at the beginning, he's actually buying some sticks one by one at la LCDH or elsewhere to try some and I've given him a few to help him develop his taste.

Slowly, yet, surely, the time is coming for him to buy a box or two for his first humi.

He's a robusto fan. Loves his cigars not too strong.

So, let's say you would have to start all over again, what would be your first box?

In my case, I think it would be a classic box of Edmundos or Monte 2.

-Ramon Allones Specially Selected,

-HoyoDM Epicure No. 2,

-Juan Lopez No. 2,

-Cohiba Robusto (if you can find any over a year old and if he has the cash),

-Bolivar Royal Corona Tubos (better tubed than naught),

-Romeo Y Julietta Short Churchill (i find this is an acquired taste

and many many others that may just be a tad larger than a robusto. Mainly Hoyo Epi 1, RYJ Wide Churchill, H Upmann Royal Robusto

• Like 1

First, introduce him to FOH.

Then, let him get Rob to select him a HQ Rubusto sampler,

either the 8 piece one on *****INT, or even a 24 or 25 piece mix.

Since everyone's taste is different,

this will help your friend get a good oveview before choosing his first full box.

• Like 2

Although it is a Corona Gorda, rather than a Robusto, I would suggest a Mag 46. They are smoking really well right now, and shouldn't blow his socks off from either a power or price perspective.

I have many options these days, but this is a very reliable smoke, which I reach for more than anything else in my rotation.

Good luck!

Joe

I can't think of a bad robusto. I would say if money is not a concern then Coro by far but I think he would really enjoy the Epi 2's. D4 and RASS might be a bit too heavy if he likes light sticks.

I would also recommend getting a Robusto sampler from Rob. I did that with PC's when I first started and definitely helped me get a decent idea for each marca.

Used to get quite a bit of love here but has long since been forgotten since being discontinued it seems.

Trinidad Robusto T is still a damn fine smoke IMO that fits the bill of his preferences.

That and another vote for the Connie 1s, ERDM CS and Epi 2s.