LOL!!! I agree though you do know he's been threatened at gunpoint in the Amazon, survived a plane crash relatively unscathed on yet another Amazon expedition, and on his last trip to the Amazon was rammed in the chest by a 6-foot Arapaima.(I just watched that episode night before last)

Aside from those, he has also caught malaria in the Congo where the locals thought he would die, been detained as a suspected spy while fishing at the Mekong River.

What's next !? Will he find Weapons of mass destruction on another expedition?biggrin.png

who amongst us hasn't been threatened at gunpoint (by the frickin' KGB in my case - who had a lot of fun, scared the complete crap out of me and made me look like an idiot) and mistaken for a spy (twice! - not as though i look like 007)!

had 5 guys i was with on a truck trip through africa get malaria - i do not envy him that and very glad i missed it. absolute ***** of a disease.

the "how it is made" and "behind the scenes" shows he had compiled were terrific. showed that it is far from easy.

he was seriously spooked by those arapaima.

looking forward to seeing the chernobyl one. i was about 80 k's from chernobyl the week before it blew (safely back in the UK when it happened but, as they say, there but for the grace of god - and no colt, not converted yet). it was pure chance that our trip was that week and not the next. had it been, would not be typing this! didn't know they fished around there.

many thanks for the offer but i have about 25 of them recorded and hopefully get the rest over the next week or two as he is screened on abc 2.

the other guy i really like is jacub? the fish warrior. similar stuff though even more nuts. check out this for an arapaima - world record. wow! appears occasionally on sbs2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fXMtLsLqfk

who amongst us hasn't been threatened at gunpoint (by the frickin' KGB in my case - who had a lot of fun, scared the complete crap out of me and made me look like an idiot) and mistaken for a spy (twice! - not as though i look like 007)!

had 5 guys i was with on a truck trip through africa get malaria - i do not envy him that and very glad i missed it. absolute ***** of a disease.

the "how it is made" and "behind the scenes" shows he had compiled were terrific. showed that it is far from easy.

he was seriously spooked by those arapaima.

looking forward to seeing the chernobyl one. i was about 80 k's from chernobyl the week before it blew (safely back in the UK when it happened but, as they say, there but for the grace of god - and no colt, not converted yet). it was pure chance that our trip was that week and not the next. had it been, would not be typing this! didn't know they fished around there.

many thanks for the offer but i have about 25 of them recorded and hopefully get the rest over the next week or two as he is screened on abc 2.

the other guy i really like is jacub? the fish warrior. similar stuff though even more nuts. check out this for an arapaima - world record. wow! appears occasionally on sbs2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fXMtLsLqfk

Jacub is the man. I love his enthusiasm it's infectious

Caught a baby bull shark in AUS, one of the QLD estuaries. Also one massive grouper.

Fresh water swimmers beware. laugh.png

he did or you did?

i saw the qld one. fascinating.

the bloke he interviewed and went out off the coast with is a mate i fished with on christmas island.

i think the groper stunned most of us but bull sharks in the river have long been known. some of those were way bigger than 'baby'.

i remember seeing a doco on bull sharks. was thinking that the opening sequences looked familiar - filmed outside a mate's house on the river. apparently the brizzy river and cuba are the two worst places for them. and the coast off somalia.

was very strange when wade was suggesting that there were crocs way up the brizzy river (may be 200 years ago but not now). i grew up on the river not far from where he was suggesting crocs lived. not a chance.

the biggest thing i have ever caught in my life remains an eel i caught in front of my house on the river. in a kayak. i cut it off - no chance i was dragging it into a tiny kayak. this eel was far thicker than my thigh (and i have a pretty thick thigh). it had taken me across the river, which is very wide, at least 5 times. put up a hell of a fight. and very grumpy when i got it in. i could get about five foot of it out of the water before i cut it loose but plenty left, so no idea just how big it was.

They have found bull sharks in Minnesota not long ago. I have heard of guys catching them below Gavins point Dam in South Dakota's Missouri river as well. If they find them this far upstream in the US gotta kinda wonder where cant they be?

http://www.nokomisea...reeksharks.html

http://markgelbart.w...h-water-rivers/