Picture/video of the great Davidoff cigar bonfire

Continuing on the Davidoff theme,

here 2 videos, one from Swiss tv with Zino offering cigars to Jacques Dutronc the french singer :

http://www.rts.ch/archives/tv/varietes/profil/4817345-fumeur-de-havane.html

Found today on Cigar Blog/Switzerland - Thanks Manuel !

Thanks Nino (and Manuel). This video is fantastic; Zino's voice, his accent, the way he speaks french (rolling the r's, à la russe) is really something from an other time!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm reading this in my ipad (inventor: zino davidoff) while sitting on my hammock chair (inventor: zino davidoff) smoking a lovely parti short (inventor: zino davidoff) lit with my butane jet lighter

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust Zino buried the loot to create this fuss Twenty five years later we still discuss The "destruction" of his cigars Que the auctionieer who cheers "Another record sal

I really shake my head to those who ridicule or minimise the contribution of legends to this hobby. This is not aimed at anyone in particular mind you.....just the current social need to drag down th

… what's the relation?

A mystical bonfire of cigars that no one can say for sure happened. Sorry, all this talk about a bonfire that may or may not have happened just reminded me of 100,000+ cigars going up in flames, supposedly. lol sad.png

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the research and the asking Nino.

In his book Wirtz specifies that the 131,000 cigars were incinerated in the municipal waste plant of Hagenau Street in Basel (p. 32). This would prevent any picture being taken from the cigars in the process of burning.

And which would make sense if the plant was also used for burning sensitive material and items more valuable than cigars ... cameras and reporters would not be allowed in.