Chasing box codes

I have a question that's been gnawing at me for a few weeks. I'm fairly new to habanos, so bear with me here. Is it worth it to chase box codes on recent production? I see people on forums I visit looking for certain boxes with certain codes. I guess I just want to know if I should be looking at codes before I buy or just buy based on the popular opinion of what's been good lately.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Try to use the search feature as this topic has been covered ad nauseum.

We were all new once and so no problems lending a hand. Still, new members need also to play their part by doing what they can to find information for themeselves. Can't find it ....no problem we will help but try first. ok.gif

Try to use the search feature as this topic has been covered ad nauseum.

We were all new once and so no problems lending a hand. Still, new members need also to play their part by doing what they can to find information for themeselves. Can't find it ....no problem we will help but try first. ok.gif

Apologies. I combed through 5 pages of search results and only found a couple post referencing the topic. I suppose I was just looking to get more opinions on the matter. I'll keep searching.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Given this is a regular question asked I will put together a dedicated thread to post in the LFTW or classics section that we can refer and add to.

With the site revamp we are trying to include in the main page a box code list that is live (updated my member input).

Off to see my Godson Dom and have bunch with Lisa and Frank. Hasta Luego!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Rob,

Just to add. Some people search for specific box code dates, really not having anything to do with specific factories or quality, but more to do with the specific date being of sentimental importance. i.e. graduations, weddings, birthdays, child's birth ect.

Rob there was an recent thread that was deleted where you gave us your opinion on factory codes(2013?). You graded them from dead set average to skewing left or right of center for quality. Could you dig it back up?

I participated in that thread and I think I was the one that prompted Rob to make his post about the current factory codes from 2013. Unfortunately, that thread was started by Broski who is now banned and I think his deletion probably took all of his posts with him. I couldn't find the thread in my post history so I assume this is the case.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Rob,

Just to add. Some people search for specific box code dates, really not having anything to do with specific factories or quality, but more to do with the specific date being of sentimental importance. i.e. graduations, weddings, birthdays, child's birth ect.

Was there anything good from August 87? I wonder if anything good was rolled during my Birthday Month...

As for Box Codes I don't really care. Most of the time if it was a good year it is worth grabbing, Late 2011+ I'm all in

Rob there was an recent thread that was deleted where you gave us your opinion on factory codes(2013?). You graded them from dead set average to skewing left or right of center for quality. Could you dig it back up?

Assuming Rob doesn't mind the repost:

* every code is a bell curve of quality. Mid point is average.

* Code for a particular mastercase can be dead centre (average), skewed to the right (above average) or to the left (below average).

* Open the same code over 10-20 mastercases over several months of different shipments and different cigars and you get a better feel for that code.

* MUR is dead set average. Just like UPE

* POU highly skewed to the right

* AME skewed to the right

* LOM skewed to the right

* OGA/AOL skewed to the right (just)

* BRS/BAM skewed to the right

Was there anything good from August 87? I wonder if anything good was rolled during my Birthday Month...

As for Box Codes I don't really care. Most of the t.e if it was a good year it is worth grabbing, Late 2011+ I'm all in

I think he meant dates for sentimental importance, not that a certain code from current or past production is any better than others. You are right, late 11 and on is on fire as far as quality. Imo also.