What Would You Do?

If you have a good friend who wants to get their first box of Cuban cigars would you go with a current production box of Upmann No. 2 or try to find a '09, '10 or '11 box?

The reason I ask is that the recent production has been very good, but is it worth trying to find a box that is 2-3 years old already? I am leaning towards aged, but what would you do?

Got a few guys hooked recently. The clincher was bringing them to Havanathon. They all got their first box recently in the last month or so and all got recent production. Chances are they will get more boxes. As such, they will witness, first hand, the aging process.

Sent from my radPhone

Fresh Upmann 2s are Legit right now. I would go with a fresh box to get them started and if they can resist let them age.

Both. They can try some with a couple years and start aging current stuff. Maybe split two boxes?

If they have the coin, I would go with both as well. A nice aged box of Upmann is a great experience for someone new to CC's or even HUP for that matter. The newer box will provide him with the time to allow it to age properly, while enjoying the older box... If he can resist..

Good luck..