I hear patience is a good thing...

I know this topic has come up before, but I have some boxes in my locker for aging and need some experienced advice on when to send these babies home. I haven't experienced may aged cigars, so I'm really at a loss at how long to let these sit before their trip?

Boli PC

Boli RC

JL 2

Partagas 898V

Mag 46

Monte 2

Monte 4

Sig IV

Piramides Extra

PSD4

PLPC

RA Superiores

Appreciate your advice!

Cohibas 4/5 years. I like to start at 3 years for ageing. Usually when a Cigar is Changing. 5 years is another milestone. Depends how long you are able to age them

I've always found that 5 years is a good starting point

If you've got the storeage for boxes at home I'd let them rest in your locker for 5 or so years and then see how you find them

This is true. To some extent. We would also need to know how old some of the boxes are. Some recent production is stellar now. For example, the JL2's! If they are very recent or a year old. They may be good to go now!

I know this topic has come up before, but I have some boxes in my locker for aging and need some experienced advice on when to send these babies home. I haven't experienced may aged cigars, so I'm really at a loss at how long to let these sit before their trip?

Boli PC

Boli RC

JL 2

Partagas 898V

Mag 46

Monte 2

Monte 4

Sig IV

Piramides Extra

PSD4

PLPC

RA Superiores

Appreciate your advice!

All of your cigars have age potentional, If you can (I can't) ,try to age them five years, like others said and see.

It's definitely down to personal tastes, but IMHO. I like to think of cigars as moments of serenity and bliss, but they demand patience and care. Hence, and especially considering that I prefer the "heavier" marcas like partagas, ramon and punch, I wouldn't really go near them till they've passed the 5 year mark.

Partagas D4s for example don't show their smoother, spicier (sweet spices) side till at least that long for me.

Send the Boli's and RA Sups. Those smoke really well young and the RA's are especially good. My 520's are really sleepy right now, but most of the others could be good ROTT and get better with age.

It also depends on when and why you smoke cigars. I smoke my smaller cigars (pc's/minutos) with coffee, so letting them age probably won't matter. The box I would most likely leave in your OLH are the 898's. The new ones are good, but tightly wound. They will be REALLY good in 2-5 years, IMO.

Thanks for all the advice!

I'm going to wait for their fifth birthday before they take the trip.

Gotta thank Rob for this incredible service....not a chance would any of these see five years if they were at my house!