Tobacco Beetle?

Yes it looks like a beetle hole. Gently tap the cigar on a white paper: if no black dust comes out of it, the larvae that dug that hole is probably dead… smoke it without remorse!

It seems ok to smoke If you smoke It right away, However, look into your seller ,and tell him about It, He may-be doesn't know , If

he does, forget him.

Yes it looks like a beetle hole. Gently tap the cigar on a white paper: if no black dust comes out of it, the larvae that dug that hole is probably dead… smoke it without remorse!

The holes are actually due to adult beetles burrowing out of the cigar, or adult female beetles burrowing back into the cigar to lay eggs.

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/info-cigars.htm#Cigar_Pests_&_Problems

The holes are actually due to adult beetles burrowing out of the cigar, or adult female beetles burrowing back into the cigar to lay eggs.

http://www.cubanciga...ests_&_Problems

I have pictures of larva eating a cigar, I have posted them somewhere here. I saw one "in action" in real time.

The adult can fly and doesn't stay "in" a cigar. I have never seen an adult in a box of cigars, other than a dead one…

from Wikipedia:

The hatching larvae are the "grow bag" stage of the insect are active and will move around on and bore into the product, feeding as they go.

Trevor, I remember a while ago either you or Nino providing some documentation or evidence that Habanos does indeed freeze all cigars in warehouses before distribution. Is this true??

Thanks.