Movember 2013

Did movember the past two years, not this year though. Going to Havana in a couple of weeks for the first time. I dont want my pictures of my first time in cuba involve a stashe!

I am participating, have participated for years, and have made it mandantory for all of my office staff to participate as well. I was diagnosed with stage 2 prostate cancer in June of 2012. Luckily, it was caught with a simple blood test, and was treatable. I currently am cancer free with undetectable PSA's.

I appeal to all BOTL out there....this is serious stuff. The spirit of Movember is to bring awareness to men's health issues. This is taken from Cancer.org:

The American Cancer Society's estimates for prostate cancer in the United States for 2013 are:

• About 238,590 new cases of prostate cancer
  • About 29,720 deaths from prostate cancer

Prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer found in American men, other than skin cancer. Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in men, behind only lung cancer. One man in 6 will get prostate cancer during his lifetime. And one man in 36 will die of this disease.

Prostate cancer can be a serious disease, but most men found to have prostate cancer do not die from it. In fact, more than 2.5 million men in the United States who have had prostate cancer at some point are still alive today.

Although they only site statistics for the US, I think you get the picture that this is something all men need to be aware of and be proactive. Like I stated, this disease can be easily diagnosed with a simple blood test, and if caught early, is very treatable.

Peacock, very happy to hear that your cancer was treateble and you are cancer free. Anyone who is not participating by growing a stashe to raise funds, should contribute to a friend who is. Personally not participating this year for the first time, i'm making a donation to my team at work to compensate.

While I support the initiative and the charity reasoning, I just can't get into "Movember". Some of the guys here at work have already started their Mo' staches. IMO, most people can't pull it off. It seems to be from one extreme or another, where it makes you look like either Magnum PI, or a sketchy looking pediphile. We're already calling one of my co-workers here Pedi-bear. Problem is, he has a gun and a badge. LOL.

I'm doing it for the 4th year in a row.

As a banker in the city of London, I'm going for the dirty trucker (think Paul sr from American chopper)

http://mobro.co/daraweston

Riaz, having been to Cuba last year with a dodgy looking mo, I can confirm that Cuban customs do not look well on moustaches (plus, being Cuba bring your own lube for body cavity searches)!

I'm doing it for the 4th year in a row.

As a banker in the city of London, I'm going for the dirty trucker (think Paul sr from American chopper)

http://mobro.co/daraweston

Riaz, having been to Cuba last year with a dodgy looking mo, I can confirm that Cuban customs do not look well on moustaches (plus, being Cuba bring your own lube for body cavity searches)!

Ha! i'm a banker as well...and I rocked the dirty trucker lol...

And yeah to clear customs and not get harrassed i'm going to make sure to have a clean look...already customs dont like me much i'm not taking any adittional risks!