help identifying this cohiba gift?

so maybe some of you can help me. recently my girlfriend came back from Jamaica where she was doing a dental mission with some colleagues. She knows how much i love my stogies and she was so kind enough to bring me back two great looking smokes! Unfortunately, she forgot the name of one that she brought back. i attached a picture of it. the bottom label just reads two "R's" forward and backwards. Can anyone help ID it? In case anyone was curious, the second one she brought back was a partagas Serie D no.4. Thanks for your help guys!

post-17286-0-84768400-1381218262_thumb.j

I think it is supposed to be the Cohiba Gran Reserva. Unfortunately, the Cohiba Gran Reserva was released as a parejo in the "Siglo VI" vitola. The picture looks to be of a figurado so I believe it would be a fake and not worth very much.

Still, the fact that your girlfriend took the trouble to get it for you, I would say it is priceless. :D

I think it is supposed to be the Cohiba Gran Reserva. Unfortunately, the Cohiba Gran Reserva was released as a parejo in the "Siglo VI" vitola. The picture looks to be of a figurado so I believe it would be a fake and not worth very much.

Still, the fact that your girlfriend took the trouble to get it for you, I would say it is priceless. biggrin.png

+1 on both accounts! ;)

I didn't need to read past "Jamaica".

But, a hell of a cool gesture regardless by your girlfriend! She's a keeper!

Definitely both fakes. Might want to open the tubo if that was part of what she bought. See what that looks like.

A+ for effort.

Now to educate her a little, gently, so she doesn't make the same mistake again.

Tell her how great they look/smoked and if she goes back to Jamaica tell her you've heard that the island has just been inundated with fakes so she'll stay away from them next time.

I would tell her in a nice way, if you can't what kind of relationship do you have?

Better not to test it at this stage of the relationship, Ramon. After 20 years of marriage...maybe.

Dang that's a real bummer. She even bought it at the sandals resort she was staying at.

Just for future reference for anyone else reading this.

Red Flag #1 - Jamaica

Red Flag #2 - Any Sandals Resort (For cigars and anything else of quality)

II'm with most of the guys too, wouldn't tell her they were fakes. Just tell her to bring you back Rum next time.