AFL GRAND FINAL

Well it is here .The greatest game on earth has the grand final tomorrow between Hawthorn and Fremantle . I really don't have feelings either way for either team and coming from a two team town and Being a West Coast supporter I still can't believe that I am saying and writing this ....but go the Dockers.

Should be a great game . I will be catching up with some mates, eating some great food, drinking beer and lots of red and pumping some great cigars throughout the course of the day. Hopefully post some pics .

What are the rest of you up to and who are you going for.

There are probably a huge percentage of members here that don't even know what AFL is. And it is a shame. The greatest game on Earth (I am very biased) should be more widely appreciated. It's Australia's biggest sporting event by far. It's average attendance is about 35,000 as opposed to both the rugby codes that come in at around 20,000.

I am going to a mates BBQ. It's like our Superbowl so we treat it just the same. Melbourne is supposed to have at least 1 storm tomorrow so I think that suits the Dockers. Dockers by 2 points

brilliant timing by the afl. the grand final will provide an ideal warm up for the serious stuff - the NRL - with the prelim final that evening and then the wallabies taking on south africa late that night. i'll have a good cigar and a rum and probably a bit of a nap to make sure i'm good for the real footy.

plus the gunners are also on later that day and then the glorious skins start the road to the superbowl by thumping the orc-land raiders.

i suppose the afl is lucky they didn't clash with synchronised swimming.

There is a lot of skill to the game

....but I prefer the hits party.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlG3qqtWNy8

unfortunately, almost all of this is now banned.

i might add a typically biased southern collection of clips. the two of jonathan brown show him getting snotted twice - once by his own teammate and both accidents.

where was this mark? for me, the greatest i've seen. not thee most speccy but the bravest.

As a Docker supporter since they entered the AFL and a member of 8 years.

I thank you West.

Being frim a 2 team town I know had hard it is to support the other team.

I have not had too much encouragement Eagle supporters. But you Westy are a true gentleman.

BBQ with lots and drink, cigars and great family and friends tomorrow. I can't wait

It's been a long and sometimes lonely road for us Fremantle supporters

Let's go Dockers !!!!!!!!

Allan

I follow the Don's but we wont mention that any more, then it was Sydney but half of the team is injured.

So i guess Go BumbleBee's.... oh what. Hawthorn are Hawks? Oh ok, Go the mighty Hawks!

Have a Poker game and barbie lined up with the TV on in the background and a nice long skinny like a lusi.

I'll be going for the Dockers even though I detest them and their coach. I can never tip them correctly in the regular season!

Unfortunately I have to work, tomorrow but will be able to watch on the huge screen in my office.

I took this photo last Monday night while watching the Brownlow medal count from my desk!

post-5688-0-40905600-1380249317_thumb.jp

You got that right Westy it is the greatest game on earth ok.gif , much better than the other codes yes.gif

I really would like Dockers to win but whoever wins it certainly will be a great game.

I will have my wine chilled and big screen on at home so bring on Saturday

Everyone have a wonderful weekend party.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gifparty.gif

wink2.gif

Looks like a tough gig.

Unfortunately no sound is allowed, although that means no Bruce McAvaney. And that, is a good thing! Will have to bring in the tranny to hear the game.

fuzz, be fair. it is one of the finest non-contact sports going.

a for being compare with bruce mccaveney??????, i am speechless. sadly, he never is.

Ah the never ending banter of the 2 rugby states vs the rest of the country. I like it. The inferiority complex has been matured like a fine wine and is now most drinkable. I love it jester.gif

I like to think of myself as already an accomplished League coach. 11 huge and quick battering rams who share a brain (find ones who **** in hotel hallways and piss themselves on-field) and throw in 2 guys good with their hands who should be playing AFL and you have an Origin side. Any vacancies I can apply for?

Ah the never ending banter of the 2 rugby states vs the rest of the country. I like it. The inferiority complex has been matured like a fine wine and is now most drinkable. I love it jester.gif

I like to think of myself as already an accomplished League coach. 11 huge and quick battering rams who share a brain (find ones who **** in hotel hallways and piss themselves on-field) and throw in 2 guys good with their hands who should be playing AFL and you have an Origin side. Any vacancies I can apply for?

i must say i am glad you brought up the afl inferiority complex, not me. but i think both codes now have blokes doing things that were near unthinkable a decade or three ago.

but if you are brave enough to throw up the idiots of league v the idiots of the afl, the only thing you should be applying for is a guide dog.

both full of braindead imbeciles who'd be packing groceries or making number plates if they did not have football skills.

there are so many examples from both codes. and of course, rugby has made up for lost ground in recent years and has some of the dumbest.

loved a comment from wayne bennett recently. "in the old days, the instructions to the players at the beginning of the season were, 'don't be late for training and stay out of jail'. these days, it is just 'don't be late for training'."

fuzz, be fair. it is one of the finest non-contact sports going.

a for being compare with bruce mccaveney??????, i am speechless. sadly, he never is.

I meant Springsteen don't flatter yourself.

I'll be going for the Dockers even though I detest them and their coach. I can never tip them correctly in the regular season!

Unfortunately I have to work, tomorrow but will be able to watch on the huge screen in my office.

I took this photo last Monday night while watching the Brownlow medal count from my desk!

post-5688-0-40905600-1380249317_thumb.jp

So that's what the compound looks like! I'm gonna be sitting down at 9am to watch the game somewhere..... Still undecided about the beverage situation at that hr.

Carn the hawks!