Wrapper burning faster than the core

Hey guys,

smoking a Partagas series D no.4 and noticed that the wrapper is burning faster than the core! An inch of ash is hanging but its core is still burning red!!!

Anyone experienced this before?!

PS: The Cigar is smoking beautifully :)

Recurrent situation. It happens when the wrapper is very thin, or a bit dryer than the filler (after a short dry-boxing, for instance), or when the filler is a bit too tight…

It's easy to correct the combustion with saliva or whatever is in your glass…

Recurrent situation. It happens when the wrapper is very thin, or a bit dryer than the filler (after a short dry-boxing, for instance), or when the filler is a bit too tight…

It's easy to correct the combustion with saliva or whatever is in your glass…

Agree with Frank. It also happens when you smoke fast and puff hard and often.

When I started smoking someone told me burning that way meant the cigar had been well rolled. And white ash good tobacco.

Surely not true but still today I like to see cigar burning like that.

The color of the ash is determined by the soil the tobacco grows in and so does the flavor.

Sounds like your cigar is burning in a perfect manner, if I understood your description right. A cone shaped burning end is the way it should be.

Precisely. A properly humidified cigar, smoked under proper conditions, in the proper manner will burn with a protruding cone of coal of some degree. Right is right and it ain't hard to do. But of course, like anything else, there is a range of good and many flavors of bad.

Wilkey

Precisely. A properly humidified cigar, smoked under proper conditions, in the proper manner will burn with a protruding cone of coal of some degree. Right is right and it ain't hard to do. But of course, like anything else, there is a range of good and many flavors of bad.

Wilkey

Smoking another cigar(Juan Lopez...) from the same humidor and its burning the same way

which sort of proves what you and the others said :)

thanks for the info guys.