Nicaraguan in CC

Considering all the reports from Cuba say they have huge stockpiles of tobacco - I would highly doubt it. I would imagine those reports are coming from the NC cigar industry or "insiders." I highly doubt it since Cuba can barely keep the lights on as it is.

This kind of reminds me of why I stay out of my local brick and mortar shops as they tend to say things like, "Cuba uses Dominican tobacco", "Dominicans have surpassed Cubans" and my personal favorite, "I'll take a padron over any cuban any day".... I don't fit into these places....

This kind of reminds me of why I stay out of my local brick and mortar shops as they tend to say things like, "Cuba uses Dominican tobacco", "Dominicans have surpassed Cubans" and my personal favorite, "I'll take a padron over any cuban any day".... I don't fit into these places....

i hear that stuff all the time down south.....perhaps they mean I'll take a Padron over a fake cuban any day.

i hear that stuff all the time down south.....perhaps they mean I'll take a Padron over a fake cuban any day.

Probably correct as recently a friend who gets "Cubans" shared a party Lusitania and monte no.2 2007 centennial something or other with me and both were totally fake, I took them apart and showed him and then gave him some real ones...

If you can't sell a superior product and are in indirect competition with it, what can you do, given you can't control the supply chain?

Very true.... Putting myself in their shoes, I would try to steer customers to my $22 Nicaraguans in hopes that they don't know better.... But do shops in countries free of silly embargoes do the same? No, they mostly sell Cubans....

I met up at a local cigar bar with a guy I met on these and the other forums to do an exchange and smoke last night. He swore up and down that the padron and liga t52 line are great smokes and that he would put them up against any non special edition CC. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Bought a single of each. Can't wait to smoke them, they look tasty.

I met up at a local cigar bar with a guy I met on these and the other forums to do an exchange and smoke last night. He swore up and down that the padron and liga t52 line are great smokes and that he would put them up against any non special edition CC. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Bought a single of each. Can't wait to smoke them, they look tasty.

Very cool, keep us posted and maybe do a review in the review section...

Thanks and the blind taste test was entertaining. This is where I have arrived. Even the best Nic cigars today don't have the complex tastes combined with body I enjoyed in NC before the 90's cigar craze.

I get high octane pipe tobac for pennies instead of a Garcia cigar for $15. Looking forward to having some ISOM