tomorrow's election

Cast your mind back to the last one. This will be nothing like that. We will have a decision tonight and we won't be waiting weeks as we did in the last election for a handful of single minded independents.. Rudd is a national disgrace and Abott is just a horrible horrible human being. Pity most people I know, don't want to vote for one or the other either.

It's incredibly disillusioning to have to vote for the 'lesser evil' than the greater good.I might be wrong, but can't think of a time when politics is this nation was at such a low-point. And as for Clive, the less said about this megalomaniac the better...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For us non-Aussies, am I right in thinking that it is illegal not to vote?

That's right. If you refuse to vote they take you out in a field and have a big red kangaroo kick you in the nuts.

Well, the writing is on the wall. Doesn't look like the bloodbath that was predicted, but still a decisive win for the Coalition.

I just hope the latest twit doesn't screw up more than the last one... but I won't be holding my breath.

I can't believe how much of a knob and sore loser Rudd is.

'You Won't Hear My Voice For Some Time': Kevin Rudd Concedes Defeat

“Jeez I thought we’d lost,” outgoing Prime Minister Kevin Rudd told a cheering crowd at his concession speech in Brisbane tonight. this is Rudd being his normal smartarse self. I'll bet he took a few 'selfies' last night to put up on twitter as well!

“A short time ago I telephoned Tony Abbott to conceded defeat at these national elections,” Rudd said. did you bother to congratulate him? That would be considered the polite and traditionally accepted thing to do.

After thanking supporters and campaign staff, Rudd announced he would be stepping down from the party’s leadership, which he took back from Julia Gillard nine weeks ago.

“You wont hear my voice in the public affairs of this nation for some time, that is how it should be.” We'll enjoy the Kev free break, but he'll be back. He won't be able to stay out of the spotlight for too long!

While Labor has suffered a resounding defeat, at the time of Rudd’s address it had retained 56 seats around the country.

The coalition had 85 seats, and looks on track to win more than 90 — giving it a clear majority.

“I gave it my all. But it was not enough for us to win,” he said, before telling the crowd the electorates won mean the Labor Party is still a “viable fighting force.” Yes Kevin it's all about you.

Rudd held on to his own seat, the urban Brisbane electorate of Griffith, in a narrow victory, and had some words for the defeated Liberal candidate.

“It would be un-prime ministerial of me to say Bill Glasson eat your heart out, so I won’t.” Very classy Kev. What a good sport you are!

krudd showed what a vile classless self-centred grub he has always been.

fuzz, this is an electorate where more than 10% voted for the buffoon party. they will get what they deserve. and as much as i do not trust abbott, anything/anyone (except the buffoons) would be better than krudd.

have just seen the krudd speech - or as much of it as i could stand. 23 minutes of "i", "i", "i" and "me", "me", "me". he is almost as vile as martin bryant.

loved barry cassidy's introduction to the 'insiders' show this morning. remember that cassidy is a former labor staffer.

"kevin rudd led the labor party to its lowest vote in over 100 years. and then claimed victory".

and just so you know we are not rid of morons and fools, i have just seen that the head of the buffoon party has claimed that the reason abbott is PM is because of him. spare us.

have just seen the krudd speech - or as much of it as i could stand. 23 minutes of "i", "i", "i" and "me", "me", "me". he is almost as vile as martin bryant.

and just so you know we are not rid of morons and fools, i have just seen that the head of the buffoon party has claimed that the reason abbott is PM is because of him. spare us.

Rudd forgot the old adage: ."opposition's never win elections....it's governments that lose them".....He lost it!

The PUP party only got the vote it did because many of the voters who threw out the government did not see Abbott's lot as a suitable alternative.

I only despair a little less today.

Rudd forgot the old adage: ."opposition's never win elections....it's governments that lose them".....He lost it!

The PUP party only got the vote it did because many of the voters who threw out the government did not see Abbott's lot as a suitable alternative.

I only despair a little less today.

trev, completely agree.

i think the overall swing to the coalition was less than 2%. extraordinary when you think they were up against the worst government in our history.

Lets hope that with this new Government we can attempt to turn back the tide on the previous mobs attempt to stub out cigar smoking in this country ,including plain packaging and the proposed ban on Internet sales

We cannot do any worse in my opinion

krudd showed what a vile classless self-centred grub he has always been.

fuzz, this is an electorate where more than 10% voted for the buffoon party. they will get what they deserve. and as much as i do not trust abbott, anything/anyone (except the buffoons) would be better than krudd.

It was an even more self-absorbed concession speech than Keating's - which says a lot about the man.

While far from an Abbott fan, I will breathe easier knowing the pious, egocentric and incredibly verbose flog that is Kevin Rudd will no longer be in charge.

Also have a feeling Abbott won't be the crazy right-winger of a PM we've all been worrying about. Perhaps that's just blind hope on my part. Time will tell, I guess.

Heard Tanya Plibersek say last night that she'd give the Govt 9/10 for running the country and 0/10 for managing themselves (as if the two were mutually exclusive). Just goes to show that mob does not get it.

From all this I'm guessing the most difficult decision is whether to vote or take the kick?

Well there is the third option of course.

The one where they have a Koala bite your nipples off.

But then nothing beats the satisfaction of voting a complete knob out of office.

We did that yesterday.

Even over here in Thailand they were going on about Rudd's speech.

I'd have voted Liberal in a heartbeat, if they had anyone else but Abbott as leader. Personally, I hope he gets rolled in the first 12 months.

The biggest mistake Labor made was to underestimate Abbott. The man is no fool and he has effectively been the downfall of two labor leaders and one of them twice although I have to admit they were their own worst enemies.

I heard someone say " If you like Rudd don't meet him and If you hate Abbott don't meet him" I think this statement speaks volumes.

Abbott has a huge job ahead of him and nothing is going to happen overnight.

I'm a firm believer that the country needs both Labor and Liberal parties. There have been some good Labor governments in past decades and yes they have given us some good social assets. Things like free medical, social security, superannuation.

The NBN won't be one of them, it will be obsolete long before it's finished and the money wasted on it could have been used more wisely. The Rudd, Guillard government will be remembered for School sheds that cost as much as mansions, houses that burn down because of ill conceived and managed schemes, mining taxes that barely raise a cent, Carbon taxes that are destroying the economy and a bunch of people who hated each other so much that they totally lost sight of what was good and right for the country.

They dismantled a boarder protection scheme that was effective just to seem more compassionate while at the same time luring more than a thousand people to their deaths at sea.

Most if not all of this mess is all down to the vanity of one man, Kevin Rudd. A man so in love with the sound of his own voice that words were more important than actions and when he did act he ruined business after business, life after life. You would have to be Frank Spencer to do a worse job.

To sit around and complain that the country will now fall apart because Tony Abbott won is to admit that you were gullible enough to believe the lies of a desperate and incompetent government.

There is nothing wrong with believing in Labor values but this past government didn't so they never deserved your support.

But then nothing beats the satisfaction of voting a complete knob out of office.

Wazza, I'm starting to get the impression that you don't much care for this Rudd character.

And that you have a "thing" for marsupials (nut kicking kangas, nipple biting koalas).

Wazza, I'm starting to get the impression that you don't much care for this Rudd character.

And that you have a "thing" for marsupials (nut kicking kangas, nipple biting koalas).

Well everything else about this election has been nuts perhaps I've lost the plot.

I'm surprised that Clive Palmer didn't offer a free dinosaur for every child. What is truly scary is that he will probably get a senate seat.

Well everything else about this election has been nuts perhaps I've lost the plot.

I'm surprised that Clive Palmer didn't offer a free dinosaur for every child. What is truly scary is that he will probably get a senate seat.

I'd vote for Palmer if he gave me a dinosaur!

Free dinosaurs for all!! Better than Ken's presidential promise, "Free fridges for all!" lol3.gif