Wine and Cigars

I prefer blends over single-varietals (Shiraz, cabernet... ) when it comes to pairing wine with Cigars as i find blends to be usually a bit more smoother and softer which doesn't over power the Cigar flavours.

I have to admit also that Pinot Noir or Grenache would be my go to wine when pairing with a Cigar and not something more intense like Carbernet or Shiraz

Cheers smile.png

With an after-dinner cigar, I usually pour something fortified, lika a Madeira or a Porto Colheita.

For an afternon smoke, I mostly stick with sparkling water.

I like deep jammy reds with cigars, certain Cabs, Shiraz's, Syrah's, and some Bordeaux's. I like a little more octane with my cigar than a Pinot offers.

Michael & David Rapture Cab is awesome with a stick that has chocolate notes!

Pinot Noir with a bit of umph from the New World perhaps but would steer clear of Euro Pinots with cigars.

Agree with wood aged ports such as Tawny and Colheita, perhaps Boal Madeira. Also had fruity Barbera from Piedmont with Pigrims and Tino recently that worked well.

Like the idea of a spicy Grenache, again with a good bit of ripe fruit.

Pinot Noir with a bit of umph from the New World perhaps but would steer clear of Euro Pinots with cigars.

Agree with wood aged ports such as Tawny and Colheita, perhaps Boal Madeira. Also had fruity Barbera from Piedmont with Pigrims and Tino recently that worked well.

Like the idea of a spicy Grenache, again with a good bit of ripe fruit.

That Barbera was good!! in fact most 2009 & 2011 Barbera will be good. I always think you need a red where the sweetness of the fruit is "above" the tannin, most malbec works well! Nebbiolo and old world Pinot just don't work some how...I agree white and Champagne is in general better than red...

Champagne (speecifically Rose Champagne) and cigars are one of my favorite pairings

Still need to try this. Normally I have my champagne with lobster.