magic D4's

Not to take away or hijack the D4 discussion, but since you mentioned a box of Boli Gigantes I have a box from 2003 and they are smoking like a dream. I recommend picking up some of the recent boxes that have showed up on LFTH. A great cigar that flies under the radar.....

hope the '12s turn out to be as good as the '08s.......guess time will tell, but they do seem to have great potential

I've had a few 2012's recently and they were so good I couldn't save them....

What drink goes best with the D4?

it might be arse-about but i'll never forget asking richard geoffroy, the chef de cave at dom perignon, what he would match with the 1964 (one of the all time great champers). i was expecting to be told caviar or something similar (personally, i'd have drunk it completely without distractions). quick as a flash, richard replied, 'partagas D4'. i was quite flabbergasted as we had not mentioned cigars at all, until that point.

I have a fewt D4s from 2010 that are splendid but the D4s that i have from 2012 are smoking even better than my 2010s so much so that I am splitting another box of them with a good friend. Easily my favorite robusto after the RASS