Siglo I's

AussieCanuck

I've never seen legitimate Cohibas with bands that bad, and the construction looks pretty shoddy for siglo 1s. I would say they're fakes bro.

That's kind of how I feel but i don't want to believe it as it would disappoint me greatly considering where they came from. I didn't check them at the time as I bought a whole bunch of other stuff ( I inspected the boxes) but these I just grabbed as an afterthought. Hmmm..I've smoked three, well actually 1 as the other two were plugged and didn't do much for me. Taste/flavours were good but didn't convince me...

The labels are definitely not legit, or at least I've never seen like it. The row of the squares are all off and too small. The font is too bold.

If they are legit, you would think that at least the wrapper shades match within the 5 box, but it doesn't appear so.

The labels are definitely not legit, or at least I've never seen like it. The row of the squares are all off and too small. The font is too bold.

If they are legit, you would think that at least the wrapper shades match within the 5 box, but it doesn't appear so.

Well there are cigars of two five boxes in the pic but I do get your point. Although they are in individual cardboard boxes when put into fives so I guess the shades probably don't always match (?).

• 3 weeks later...

The bands look like the older ones,but the pics are too fuzzy to really get a good look.If there is a box code on them try looking it up on the Habanos SA site.....

The uneven borders on the bands are a red flag.

Appearance-wise; URRGGGHHH & YYYUUCCKKKK!!!

Band-wise; C'mon, now!

How do they smoke??? Well - I've ended up with "Cohibaus" that I knew were fakes in years past...wrapper was greenish, sandpaper rough, ragged, ugly, etc. Why did I buy them, you say? It was an unopened polished, smooth wooden box appropriate to the container size, and all. Again this was in the late 1990's. After a very long time I finally smoked one: it was the most fantastic flavored, Heavenly cigar smoking experience I'd had to boot. Maybe it WAS a case of "somebody's cousin's daughter's brother who works in the factory..." type thing?? thinking.gif

I agree, they look fake

Can you elaborate on "legit source"? I can't believe it would be an official casa

Rather than publicly name the source and cause all sorts of drama, I'll shoot you a PM. As I said earlier, the source is definitely a legit source and if theses are fake, as they seem to appear, I doubt they were sold as fakes on purpose.