Suspect Cohiba Piramides Extra

Spartan

So I broke the golden rule of always purchase from a trusted / known source. I wanted to test drive the PE before committing to a box so I jumped on a deal for 5 from a box dated UPE MAY 12

Observations: uneven cut feet, uneven construction, Bands appear to be genuine. cold aroma is lighter/sweeter than what I would expect from Cohiba.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thoughts?

Ill preface this by saying I know where you bought them from and I know where the cigars originated from and considering its a vendor who rob is close friends with, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even though they are cohibas that doesn't exclude them from falling prey to being a handmade product.

I've had plenty of pricey/aged/vintage stock from lcdh, our host, other vendors and members of this forum and I've seen inconsistencies from all those sources.

I personally love the ugly ducklings. Some of my best smoking experiences were with some horrid looking rass and trini coloniales. I always prefer a great looking smokes but just like a fancy band, I'm not smoking the band.

I'm glad you got the answer you were looking for.

I fired one up and was unimpressed. IMO the cigar was mild and creamy but the flavor flat lined from start to finish. Perhaps I set into it with preconceptions or did it just suck? I'm going to step away from these until I obtain another example to compare it to.

post-3766-0-87529400-1375839527_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

In my experience Cohibas need time to come around.I do not smoke them less than 4 years old.Sometimes that is not enough.

All cigars can go through an awkward phase,cubans are no different.Give them some time and revisit them......